Playback/Subtitle Problem

RaxPower

RaxPower

Seeing something strange when trying to play some recently ripped blurays.

I have two installs of Emby Theatre (One old pre-emby install on another pc, and 3.0.5621.22052)

Im having a problem playing the following below (example 1 mediainfo) on the latest version and this plays fine on the old install.

Another file ive ripped which has no problem playing (example 2 mediainfo)

I have also attached emby client log where it looks like it is trying to stream the file (and is timing out/crashing)

I see an appropriate transcode log on the server.

Still trying to figure out what is causing the client to attempt to stream it, I havent seen it happen with any other media, it usually just direct plays with no issues.

Other issue i'm having is trying to get the subtitles to work properly. (in the files i have a default subtitle track, which should be picked up by the player and load. This is present on the older install.) Has the syntax changed for getting the client to load the default subtitles?

Example1.xml

Example2.xml

theater-63568059628.txt

Walter

I think I might be having the same type of issue. A movie I have refuses to play in anything other than the iOS app. I believe it's cause of the subtitles although I haven't had a lot of time to troubleshoot it yet. Maybe use MKVMerge to make two files one with subtitles and one without and see if that works. I posted in the server help area.

RaxPower

Ok did some more testing, Tracked it down to the way the emby theatre attempts to load files with subtitles.

on the affected files i had set one of the subtitle tracks to default=yes, forced=yes and they files would refuse to be loaded.

so i set it back to the default=yes, forced=no and the file loaded.

Loading the same file in mpc-hc (defaut=yes, forced=no) correctly loads the subtitles

In the older version of MBT which i have on another pc this works as well.

In emby theatre I can load the file now, (it will not load the subtitles), but i can then select the subtitle track and they play correctly.

subtitles are in the .ass format.

Any extra configuration I am missing to get the player to play them by default?

• Like 1