Chomecast users have no control

strager

strager

Hi guys,

In the past few days none of my CC users have any control through the web client. They can start a video, but pause, stop, the slider etc. have no effect. Updated to the latest beta and rebooted the CCs and the entire server but no effect. Is anyone else having the same issue? 

Sp3kt3r

Yes I do have the same thing but only since new beta. I'm sure the Dev team will look at it and quickly resolve this.

strager

Yes I do have the same thing but only since new beta. I'm sure the Dev team will look at it and quickly resolve this.

Just to clarify since today's beta or the last one the other day? The previous one was about when this started to occur for me and today's beta (with the new popups etc.) did not resolve. 

Sp3kt3r

For me since today's beta. Tomorrow I'm going to revert back to previous beta and test again.

strager

Just a quick update - since updating to today's build, almost every video I've tried playing on CC has hit a black screen after 2-3 minutes of play - this was not occurring with the last beta and may (or may not) be related. This doesn't seem to occur in-browser.

Ok, scratch what i've said earlier. I'm reverting my recent Chromecast work just to get you guys back up and running. We'll move the new work to a brand new receiver url instead. So if you need an immediate fix for the web client, you will need to revert from the beta to the stable release. 

strager

Reverted to Version 3.0.5607.2 (what was in system.old) - this looks like it was the previous beta update ( is there an easy way to revert to stable if it wasn't the last update?) . The controls issue remains, but the black-screen issue (thus far) seems to be resolved. 

EDIT: Spoke too soon.... hit a black screen but it happened right near the end of the video versus the 2-3 minutes in it was consistently taking on the new update....

Edited by strager

CBers

@@strager - I think Luke meant for you to download and install the Office Release of the Emby server from the website.

Don't forget to change the update level in the Dashboard before, otherwise it will update to beta again.

strager

Haven't been able to reinstall from official yet (every time I go to do it someone is playing something and I don't want to interrupt) but I'm now seeing another odd bit of behavior that wasn't occurring yesterday - on CC only, resuming now always forces users to the start of the video instead of their saved position. This nixed my workaround (start video in Chrome, skip to desired position, stop, and resume in CC) for the other issue so I wanted to point it out here - not sure why this would suddenly start occurring now since there's been no updates and it was working fine last night. 

yea i think there was some kind of chromecast update that we need to adjust to, because all recent changes have been reverted. i will update when i have a resolution.

blade005

I reverted back to the Official release of Emby Server and saw no difference from Beta Server (Version 3.0.5621.1). Casting from Android Mobile to Chromecast device starts the video, but all control is lost. Only way to stop playback is to disconnect from the Chromecast device in Android Mobile app.

strager

I reverted back to the Official release of Emby Server and saw no difference from Beta Server (Version 3.0.5621.1). Casting from Android Mobile to Chromecast device starts the video, but all control is lost. Only way to stop playback is to disconnect from the Chromecast device in Android Mobile app.

Thanks for letting us know! Saves me the trouble of doing the same at least.

yea i think there was some kind of chromecast update that we need to adjust to, because all recent changes have been reverted. i will update when i have a resolution.

Thanks - I'll keep checking!

Edited by strager

strager

@ - update to the latest (pre-today in my case) beta, unplug and replug the chromecast and restart the server. Is the issue still occurring? 

AmericanCrisis

With latest beta and rebooting CC I'm still unable to pause/stop.

Could this be an Android app issue?

We're working on it. We have an update to the app coming very soon that will resolve this along with a number of other things.

• Like 1

AmericanCrisis

We're working on it. We have an update to the app coming very soon that will resolve this along with a number of other things.

Awesome thanks Luke!

Cruise

Any chance this fix also fixes the constant crashing of the android app?