Cannot browse music by genre

Arthegal
Go to solution Solved by ScottIsAFool,

Arthegal

Hi,

When trying to open a music genre category, i have an error downloading data message and nothing is showed.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ScottIsAFool

Thanks, I'll double check what's going on there.

• Solution
ScottIsAFool

@@Arthegal I can confirm that this is fixed in the current betas so will be fixed in the next release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
sprtfan

When I go to music, I have nothing shown at all but all of my Videos work fine.  Is this the same problem as the OP and will be fixed with the next release or do I have something set up wrong that could be causing the problem?  Thanks

ScottIsAFool

Can you post a screenshot? What do you see when you go to the web client?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sprtfan

Can you post a screenshot? What do you see when you go to the web client?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I don't really use the music very often.  I organized some stuff on my server a week or two ago and changed the path to the music with out updating it in Emby server.  I think everything is working fine.  Sorry for the mix up. 

sprtfan

Guess I might have spoke to soon.  It all appears to be there now but I can't get it to play.  I saw in another thread that someone had a similar issue and it would be fixed with the next server update.  Would that still be the case?  Thanks for the help.

Edited by sprtfan

ScottIsAFool

Guess I might have spoke to soon.  It all appears to be there now but I can't get it to play.  I saw in another thread that someone had a similar issue and it would be fixed with the next server update.  Would that still be the case?  Thanks for the help.

Can you go through your steps please? What are you trying to do?

sprtfan

I just want to play music on my phone using the MediaBrowser app.  The first problem I had was that I couldn't find the music and was my fault since I didn't update the path to my storage server in Emby.  Now that I can see the music, when I try to play it nothing happens.  I can play music through MediaBrowser classic and the Windows store app.  Have not been able to play it on my phone.  When I try, nothing happens and when I go in via the website on my computer the phone does not show up as an active device and looks like the server never tried to stream the music to the phone.  Thanks