How to disable password prompt?

gvalentin

gvalentin

I have one account with all my media that I share with the family. I have a second account I use for testing. Whenever I open the app, I have to select a user, which is fine, but I also have to supply the password every time. I do want a password for my user accounts. However, when using this on my home network, I thought that I shouldn't be prompting for a password.

Is there something additional I need to do to avoid password prompts when streaming from my same home network?

Is there also a way to automatically just login a default user each time?

Check out the settings page in the app.

However, if your user has a password defined, it will be required (unless you configure it to automatically log in).

Nodja

Under the password tab on the users settings in the emby dashboard check the "Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code" and leave the pin code blank.

You won't be prompted for a password if you login from the same network as the emby server.

Edited by Nodja
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
BinaryShrub

Under the password tab on the users settings in the emby dashboard check the "Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code" and leave the pin code blank.

You won't be prompted for a password if you login from the same network as the emby server.

Works great! Thanks.