Support Key and Multiple Server

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Can the support key be used on multiple servers or does each server need its own key? Thought I would ask before I do.

The supporter key is supposed to be for one "Household".  That means, if you have multiple servers in the same physical house, you can use the same key.

However, if your parents, friends and siblings - all in different houses - have servers then they need their own keys.

mediacowboy

Thank you. That is what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.

• 1 month later...
fatannasty

My PC crashed and I had to reinstall the OS. How can I retrive my supporter key so I can update the freshly installed server.

Also, do i have to send invitation to all of my users in the house to re-add them to the server ?

There is a retrieve key option right there on the supporter key page.

You will probably have to re-invite the users because the server ID (and potentially the user IDs too) will be different.

• Like 1

fatannasty

There is a retrieve key option right there on the supporter key page.

You will probably have to re-invite the users because the server ID (and potentially the user IDs too) will be different.

Thank you very much :)

• 5 months later...
fatannasty

I havent used Emby in a while. Can I use my supporter key for Emby premire? If so how can I retrive my key i dont see that option

• 11 months later...
fatannasty

Good evening all,

I know that I'm beating this to the ground however, I'm trying to retrieve my Emby Premiere Key , but I'm getting  "supporter not found " error . Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI I haven't used Emby in a year, I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Heckler

What if you have more than one house?   :)

It's just that I have issues remote connecting to one server due to the VPN that I've posted about before... so had to retask an old computer for a second mini media server with just a few fave movies on at the second home... which has crappy internet connections due to it's location. So streaming wouldn't have been possible at all. The second one is rarely used... and only one is really used at a time anyway... depending on where I am.  :)

Because technically... I am just a single household of 2 people... who spend time at one house or the other.

Edited by Heckler
  • Like 1

What if you have more than one house?   :)

It's just that I have issues remote connecting to one server due to the VPN that I've posted about before... so had to retask an old computer for a second mini media server with just a few fave movies on at the second home... which has crappy internet connections due to it's location. So streaming wouldn't have been possible at all. The second one is rarely used... and only one is really used at a time anyway... depending on where I am.  :)

Because technically... I am just a single household of 2 people... who spend time at one house or the other.

Use your reasonable discretion and understand that the Premiere device limit will apply to the single key, not each server.

• Like 1