Vizio Smart TVs

tp546

tp546

Is there any support currently available for Vizio Smart TVs or is there any planned in the future?

• Like 5

blade005

After adding two (2) Vizio Smart TV's to the home this past week, I definitely would like to see Emby on the Vizio Smart Apps list.

Would be nice to see Emby offer the Second Screen experience on Vizio TV's like Netflix and YouTube currently. Pull up Emby on Android Mobile and if Vizio TV is on, one of the chromecast options available is Vizio DTV for casting. Of course, having Emby available in the Vizio Apps section is desirable also.

Edited by blade005

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
rtterry

Many of my family and friends I share files with have this Vizio Smart TVs. So plus one on this request.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Fratopolis

Yes yes the whole world of Emby users are a plus one we get it. Let the man work. And please donate if you haven't already.

Product is great. Used it two days and couldn't buy a lifetime subscription fast enough. Flipping great work buddy. This application though still young in the media world is light years ahead of the competition. And that includes plex which I tried over and over and never liked.

Fratopolis

And yes that was a relevant post. I own all vizio tvs but use alternative methods until when or if it is ever implemented. If not product is still great and my support will go on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
PhelixNight

+1 on this request. Have 2 4K Vizio's in the house. Would love to have Emby Via app! Would be open to testing as well if it would help! Currently have laptops hanging off each TV running Emby for WMC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
scsherman

Anyone have any experience with the new Smartcast Vizio TVs. I am mostly wodering about volume control or if you will still need to use another remote or app as in the case of the 2016 version.

• 4 months later...
shimmerknight

Anyone have any experience with the new Smartcast Vizio TVs. I am mostly wodering about volume control or if you will still need to use another remote or app as in the case of the 2016 version.

I have the P50.  It comes with a remote tablet with smartcast installed and a basic function remote control.  Volume can be controlled using either remote and of course from the back of the TV.

Koleckai Silvestri

Have one. Has a basic remote to change volume and inputs. Opted for a less expensive package without the tablet remote since we all have smart phones in the house. Easy enough to pair and cast from phone, laptop or tablet. App also has power, volume, and input selection.

JeremyFr79

Have to Smartcast's the M65 and M80 (2016 models) Love em both the one I cast to for Emby, the M80 is connected to an HTPC.  Casting works great, the basic remote works well and with full CEC Capabilities they both become quite convenient.  I'm running Harmonies for both my setups but tried out the CEC control while deciding how I wanted to control everything and it worked well.

Be aware the Vizio smartcast's are experiencing some issues that Vizio is trying to fix via firmware.  The biggest issue I've got it certain Live TV content micro stutters like crazy.  It's something to do with the post processing being done by the TV since you can nearly eliminate it by turning on the low latency game mode.