What is the best utility out there for auto renaming/organising video files?

elsmandino

elsmandino

Hello,

I was wondering whether you guys might be able to offer some advice on what the best video renaming programs there are out there - there seem to be loads!

At the moment, I am recording everything via Argus TV, into a single "Recordings" folder in the following format:

• Seriesname\Season - Episode - Seriesname - Episodename - Airdate - Airtime

Along with each video file is the accompaying XML file, which contains the EPG details - as I use Webgrabplus and TVGuide.co.uk, the EPG details are pretty complete.

I was hoping to find a utility to watch the "Recordings" folder and automatically do the following:

1. Automatically work out whether a recording is a "movie" or a "TV program" and move bot the video and XNL file into separate folders named either "movies" or "TV programs".
  2. Rename both the video and XML file in the following format:
  • Seriesname (Productiondate)\Season - Episode - Seriesname (Productiondate) - Episodename

utilising no only the file name itself, for identification, but also the XML file.

Ultimately, I am after the best possible way of ensuring that Emby picks up all of my recordings and scrapes them correctly.

Ay suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Koleckai Silvestri

Media Center Master does a good job of renaming directories and episodes. I've used it in the past when I was first getting started. I don't know if it will read your EPG though.

chef

I think that auto organize in the emby server will take care of your tv show. But movies would have to be manually moved.

• Like 1

navanod

For renaming and moving to the correct folder I use Sonarr for TV and CouchPotato for movies. I suppose you could turn off the downloading and just use the renaming and moving functionality (?). Both do the job really well, and allow for renaming rules to be customised.

Everything else is taken care of by FileBot - +1 from me.

hoxtonia

I also use couch potato for movies renaming - works well plus you can set it download HD trailer video as part of the process - I still use sickbeard for tv but am trying to move to sonarr....

moviefan

I still use MCM since I've been using it for so many years and too lazy to learn another interface.

Would really like to ditch it and have EMBY do this for me but it's been a while since auto organize was first implemented without much further development so don't know if this is planned to happen anymore still at this point...?

thefirstofthe300

Another plus one for filebot. Amazingly powerful utility. Still blows my mind what it can do.