Missing My Media Dynamic Images

majestic

majestic

I added a new media folder to my Emby server called TV. When I look at the Home screen in the Web Client I am missing the dynamically generated images and I only see the generic image (see attached). I have tried deleting and recreating the media folder with no luck.

Can someone help me figure out how to get this image generated so it can be viewed on my clients?

Thank you.

post-4870-0-20794300-1431998705_thumb.png

Edited by majestic

CBers

Is your TV grouped as a view?

I've seen if you only have one TV folder and group it, then the Dynamic Image doesn't appear, but if you un-view it, the DI appears.

majestic

Does the folder have any content in it yet?

Yes. I have 11 shows with many episodes.

Is your TV grouped as a view?

I've seen if you only have one TV folder and group it, then the Dynamic Image doesn't appear, but if you un-view it, the DI appears.

I am not really sure what you mean by grouped as a view. I really didn't make any changes to the default settings as I am just getting started with Emby,

CBers

In your User Preferences, do you have TV folders grouped together as one TV view ??

majestic

In your User Preferences, do you have TV folders grouped together as one TV view ??

Yes. I tried this option checked and un-checked with no change to the Dynamic Image.

555d7c9abbc7b_image002.png

Edited by majestic

CBers

Yes, getting Dynamic Images is a bit of a Black-Art!

It needs to be made more resilient.

You did do a library scan or server restart after the change?

Edited by CBers

majestic

I tried the full library scan, but I'm running the Emby docker so I haven't tried to restart the server yet. Will give it a try after hours and report back.

Is there a log that would be good to review at for this particular issue?

• 2 months later...

Was there any resolution to this issue?  I also transitioned to the Docker and am not getting dynamic images on some groups.  Specifically, the Collections folder created by Auto Boxsets.  On one of the other groups which didn't have a DI, it mysteriously appeared after a few days (no server restart).