Emby Theater

Luke

The home screen the thumbnails for recording is different to what it is when you click on the recordings can they be consistent so both are the same. On the home screen some images are starched whereas on the recordings screen inside live tv are not.

5a03ba4b5304c_Capture.png

5a03baa10bc9e_Capture2.png

AdrianW

What network connection are you running to the NAS?

Gigabit wired - it's not the network, as ET running on another PC is pretty fast displaying content, and Emby on my AppleTV is even faster, and they're both talking to the Emby server on my NUC and getting content from the NAS.

Starlionblue

Gigabit wired - it's not the network, as ET running on another PC is pretty fast displaying content, and Emby on my AppleTV is even faster, and they're both talking to the Emby server on my NUC and getting content from the NAS.

Fair enough. 

To be fair, I don't often start up ET since I leave the HTPC in sleep. When you just wake it and the app is already open it's all pretty instant.

muppets4

If you open taskmanager and then open theater, what happens with CPU? Maybe it is at 100% for a whlie?

AdrianW

To be fair, I don't often start up ET since I leave the HTPC in sleep. When you just wake it and the app is already open it's all pretty instant.

There's no way I'd leave ET running - it sucks CPU cycles even while idle. I can't believe how fast the little CPU fan in the NUC goes when I'm running ET.  I think it's the Electron process(es) that are the issue.

Starlionblue

There's no way I'd leave ET running - it sucks CPU cycles even while idle. I can't believe how fast the little CPU fan in the NUC goes when I'm running ET.  I think it's the Electron process(es) that are the issue.

Windows is in "sleep" mode, so ET is not doing anything. It is suspended like everything else. I have taught the kids to press "off" on the Harmony Remote, which puts the HTPC to sleep.

AdrianW

Windows is in "sleep" mode, so ET is not doing anything. It is suspended like everything else. I have taught the kids to press "off" on the Harmony Remote, which puts the HTPC to sleep.

Makes sense. I put mine to sleep too. But, as that PC is also running Emby server it wakes up whenever I access it via the webUI to perform scans, etc.

Today I tried running Task Manager whilst running ET - checkout the crazy GPU usage:

This is ET just sitting at the front screen (GPU 3D usage at almost 90%) :

5a046bc013f9d_Screenshot1.png

And this is after hitting play (GPU 3D usage drops to 46%) :

5a046bcfcf777_Screenshot2.png

Starlionblue

Oops. Forgot that you were running Emby Server on the same box. I'm stumped.

My life changed (heh) when I bought a QNAP and moved Emby Server to it. Before then it was running on my desktop. Even then though, ET didn't use that much CPU. It's weird.

AdrianW

@@Luke - any comments on the GPU usage in ET when it's just sitting at the homescreen not playing anything?

(see screenshots above).

Thumbnails for recordings is much better now thanks for the update now we just need some of the other changes to be implemented theater will became a great application. 

The detail screen for a recording should have the date, time and channel of recording that info is very useful even it It is below description should be ok but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be under the sub title.  

For example it should have Wed, 8/11 22:30 - 23:00 TENHD 

Edited by denz

The issue of the automatic subtitles when muting is what happens if the change of subtitles also requires a change of stream (e.g. switch to/from transcoding). I think for many this would be undesirable.

So then the next question is well, should we toggle the subtitles automatically as long as the change of stream is NOT required - and yes we can do that, but then we have to deal with users reporting issues over the inconsistency.

Excuses..excuses

Edited by ronvp

Della Dog

Concur. I always shut down as well.

Can hear the cooling (GPU?) fan whirring like it's putting out a fire with just the home screen open.

Small announcement - if you're seeing some funkiness on the audio/video settings screens then make sure to install 2.9.5. Thanks.

ShoutingMan

Emby Theater 3.9.5

External Players feature in Settings is broken. Is this is a known problem, or should I create a bug thread?

Edited by ShoutingMan

Small announcement - if you're seeing some funkiness on the audio/video settings screens then make sure to install 2.9.5. Thanks.

Have installed 2.9.5 and have also the external player faliure. I't won't save the settings. I enter all the values to add a player but It won't show. 

Also, can't actívate-deactivate MadVR. The activation screen for MadVr stays visible for ever. You can Navigate to other setting or even the library but nothing Works.

Tried on 3 different machines and have the same errors in all of them. Tried reinstalling Windows 10 from cero but the error persists.

5a13ea2bbdc2d_Captura.png

Edited by Zelig
  • Like 1

ShoutingMan

Can you please describe the issue in more detail? thanks.

As @@Zelig describes:

On launch, my existing external player settings were gone.

There is no longer a Save button in the External Player editing screen. So I’d add a new one, then exit back out of the editor and the entry was lost.

shaefurr

Was messing around with this more, If you get a save button for external players it does indeed save. But it won't show up unless you click add external player, then go back. Then you will see them listed.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

I have a question for everyone. Is it worth creating a setup guide for theater desktop? Going through the basic configuration, what mpv is and how to add/use an mpv.conf? Or would it just be unwanted/confusing?

Diedrich

Request:

Re: TV display mode

Add:

controls are missing from the episode view

The 3-dot menu, info, watched and favorite icons are missing in ET episode view.

Request:

Re: TV display mode

Add:

controls are missing from the episode view

The 3-dot menu, info, watched and favorite icons are missing in ET episode view.

TV mode is designed for use with a remote control. I don't think those buttons make sense in that situation.