Emby Theater

Luke

denz

I am trying to change the colours of the guide and see can I remove the NEW prefix however I dont see css options for colour before I try to attempt it is the guide totally controlled from the server or I am not looking at the correct place.

I think I will be able to add movie prefix as there are options for adding HD sign but will find out tomorrow.

No luck with anything it is just too hard I thought it will be easy as in Kodi but it is not I will leave it to professionals to make skins. I will stick to testing and reporting.

Thank you

Edited by denz

denz

I think there are few more focus bugs to sort out when you select an item in live tv for example a movie in upcoming movies it takes you to the detailed screen and when you click back it takes you to the starting position instead of being focused on the upcoming movies. When you go to movies tab and you select a movie it stays in focus in that part however when you click to see all movies it behaves the same as in the live tv part it takes you to beginning.

To me it should always stay in the position you were just at rather than go at the beginning.

Am I the only one seeing this or is this a bug on the to do list.   

Thanks

Edited by denz
  • Like 1

denz

In the last few releases the bottom part of the osd doesn't show the show name it shows the channel name only. Before it did have the episode title.

This is the original screenshot the name of the show is National Press Club Address and the episode title is Treasurer Scott Morrison show started at 12:30

57298bbfd2ac8_Capture27.png

I have added few more details to the OSD hopefully it can be made into something similar I was trying to do this with skinning but it is just too hard. I have added the show name at the top, episode title on the bottom bar the progress indicator and the time the show started and it ends. When you watch live tv pressing pause or info button should bring up the osd to show what you are watching at the moment so you don't have to exit from live tv.

Thank you

57298b25ee660_Capture29.png

• Like 2

Well done. Why not share your fork with the community.

denz

Not so fast. That is only mock-up that I wish how the osd should look like. I am learning JavaScript at the moment so hopefully I would be able to do it if not hopefully someone smarter can.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Not liking the new backdrop slow zoom out - hopefully Luke is just trying that out and it won't be a permanent feature.

But one backdrop feature I am missing is EMC's rotating backdrops (where it cycles through all the backdrops with fade transitions). At the moment with ET all we're getting is backdrop.jpg, with no sign of backdrop1.jpg, backdrop2.jpg, etc.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 4

Not so fast. That is only mock-up that I wish how the osd should look like. I am learning JavaScript at the moment so hopefully I would be able to do it if not hopefully someone smarter can.

All the more reason to share because I think there are a lot of people here with the skill to help you. Then maybe you can find someone to team up with and all of a sudden your skin starts moving really quickly.

• Like 1

Lee

@@Luke is auto logoff/stay logged in upon exit ever going to be added as a feature? i keep asking as it's VERY awkward with my daughter using the HTPC. Even if i log out i'm pretty sure it logs you back in as the last user upon a relaunch of the program....

It's a planned upcoming feature. In the meantime, if you log out manually it will not auto-log you back in.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

I'm sure this has been asked before but I went looking and cant find it............will there be any zoom options added to ET?

I don't want to make a feature request if I can just add my two cents to one that's already there.

JDizzy

Not liking the new backdrop slow zoom out - hopefully Luke is just trying that out and it won't be a permanent feature.

But one backdrop feature I am missing is EMC's rotating backdrops (where it cycles through all the backdrops with fade transitions). At the moment with ET all we're getting is backdrop.jpg, with no sign of backdrop1.jpg, backdrop2.jpg, etc.

Was just thinking how much I liked the slow zoom effect. But, I only saw it for a day and now it seems as though it has gone away?

Would also like to see artist backgrounds cycle in Now Playing while listening to music.

denz

@@Luke,

First thank you for putting more information in the detailed screen it is very useful. Small request can the show name and episode title be separated on different lines like it is in the web client in the web client I would prefer the show name to be bigger font then the episode title but it is not a huge deal.

Channel name could use a bit of green color like it is in the web client.

Thank you

denz

Are the poor quality thumbnails compared to wmc and explorer due to being scaled down to a small size or because it is a wtv file. In web client, android and ios client the thumbnails are at the same size which is how should be but in theater they are not all the same sizes so it doesnt look great hopefully that can be corrected.

Thanks

post-1589-0-03470200-1462798100_thumb.png

Edited by denz

Xorp

How do I use the skip forward and skip back function? When I'm playing something with chapters, the left and right keyboard keys skip between chapters, and when there's no chapters, it skips forward and back in 5 minute increments. The playback settings allow skipping in 5 to 30 seconds increments, and I have it set to the default of 15 seconds, but it's not skipping forward or back by 15 seconds.

mentasm

On my remote the << and >> buttons now do skipping (5 or 30 secs or whtever you configure in the settings) and the |< and >| buttons do chapter skipping.  Took me a bit to work that out.  Different to EWMC.

On my remote the > buttons now do skipping (5 or 30 secs or whtever you configure in the settings) and the || buttons do chapter skipping.  Took me a bit to work that out.  Different to EWMC.

remind me what wmc does again?

mentasm

In Emby for WMC skip forward/backwards is done with |< and >|.  I think chapters was done via chan up and chan dn, or via bringing up the OSD and using the direction buttons to move across to the chapter marks on the progress bar then pressing OK

Edited by mentasm

Xorp

On my remote the << and >> buttons now do skipping (5 or 30 secs or whtever you configure in the settings) and the |< and >| buttons do chapter skipping.  Took me a bit to work that out.  Different to EWMC.

Oh well I'm using a Boxee remote only with up, down, left, right, play/pause, and menu. Left and right skip by 5 minutes

D_Link_DSM_22_DM_22_Boxee_Box_Wireless_8

denz

In the web client when you go in the guide and click on the channel logo it gives you the guide for that channel only whereas in theater it just gives you a logo with the play button can the same feature be implemented in theater. Thanks

Oh well I'm using a Boxee remote only with up, down, left, right, play/pause, and menu. Left and right skip by 5 minutes

D_Link_DSM_22_DM_22_Boxee_Box_Wireless_8

Nice!

I've added a display setting to allow you to show the scenes on the detail screen like before, if that's what you'd like to do. You can configure it separately for movies, episodes, etc.

• Like 1

AVTechMan

I've added a display setting to allow you to show the scenes on the detail screen like before, if that's what you'd like to do. You can configure it separately for movies, episodes, etc.

Awesome!! Looks like now I will finally spring for the license. Scene selection is very helpful for certain videos/movies. 

denz

Has the auto-login been disabled I noticed now everytime I open theater I have to log in. This is a real dissapointment if this is the case it was a great feature. Hopefully it can be added back.

Ability to have scene selection is great feature thanks Luke.  

denz

No luck restarting the server or restarting theater it always prompts to log. I am not signing out I am just pressing the X button like I always do. I am connecting to the server through WAN and not through the local network. I will do more testing.

I on latest beta 965 and latest theater 2.2.7