Emby Theater Install - Codec?

gjviii

gjviii

I primarily use Emby with the  WMC client.  So in the past, whenever I have built a new machine, I would install Emby Classic and Emby Theater because it would install codecs automatically.  These codecs would then give Classic the ability to play all of my MKV's without any issues or any need to install anything else.  We'll I have decided to rebuild a htpc and follow the process I have used in the past. 

I am downloading from Theater from this link   http://emby.media/downloads/emby-theater/.  Has the codec install portion been removed from the Theater install? if so is there a package like was previously built into Theater that I could install to the needed Codecs?   If the codec package has been removed from Theater, are there plans to have it re added to the new Theater that is being worked on?

Thanks for any input   

That's right, all codecs for MBT are self-contained now, and should be configured within the app. The only thing that should be done outside of the app is making sure to run the windows sound setup wizard so that your speaker layout can be properly detected.

• 2 weeks later...

That's right, all codecs for MBT are self-contained now, and should be configured within the app. The only thing that should be done outside of the app is making sure to run the windows sound setup wizard so that your speaker layout can be properly detected.

Is it possible to limit bit streaming within MBT - remove DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, as me receiver does not support those?