New (?) Screen saver how to exit it?

Marc_G

Marc_G

Hi folks,

Long time WMC MB / Emby user.

Yesterday or the day before, the WMC Emby application (Emby Classic) updated itself. All seemed normal, at first.

I left the system in browse mode, I think I was in the description page for a movie. Turned off TV, left and only this evening went back down to my media room to watch something.

I turned on the TV and much to my surprise when the TV turned on there was a MediaBrowser screen saver going on. That's odd. I never knew Media Browser had a screen saver. And, if it was brand new based on the recently updated app, I figured it would be an Emby one, based on retiring of the Media Browser name.

Anyway, I started clicking around, hitting Esc, etc. But the screen saver wouldn't end. Hitting play caused the movie whose description I was in to play in MPC-HC as usual). Hitting stop returned me to the screen saver.

Eventually I closed WMC (with the close button in upper right) and restarted the MediaBRowser (Emby Classic!) app to actually watch my show.

What's going on with this? Normally, before the software update, after WMC (in Emby app) detects no interaction, after 1 minute it goes to the normal WMC photo slide show screen saver. After I think 10 minutes it goes to black screen. Later the TV will autoshutoff, noticing no input for a certain time.

So, I'm not sure what changed with the updated App that I would get a MediaBrowser screen saver, and I'm not sure how to tell it to exit the screen saver so I can get back to watching TV. No keys or clicks on my keyboard did anything. The computer is controlled only by a keyboard, no remote control.

Please let me know what to do for next time...

Thanks in advance!

Marc

Edited by Marc_G

Nothing has changed here in a very long time (like since MB2) so I'm not sure what changed on your end or why it wouldn't exit but I'm guessing maybe WMC didn't actually have focus so wasn't receiving any of your input.

You can disable the MBC screen saver in the config pages.

Marc_G

OK. Thanks. Might have been one of those freak things. I've never knowingly enabled the MBC screen saver; didn't even know it had a screen saver...  And WMC had focus, because I could minimize and quit it. And during mousing I was clicking right on it.

Nothing changed on this computer in the last week other than the Emby Classic update (which I OKed) and MSSE database updates. On this computer, I make Windows ask me for permission to update anything.

Bizarre. Hopefully it won't recur. I just assumed since it happened right after I updated the software that it was a new feature gone wonky.

Thanks EBR for your fast response, as usual. You rock.

Marc

• 1 month later...
Tolerant

If you have MBC Config. set to use an external player, be sure to uncheck "Show Media Browser Splash Screen" in the setup for that external player or you end up with a splash screen on your primary monitor (depending on your settings) when viewing a media file. If you happen to use your desktop while watching something, this can be problematic.