movie status indicator/progress not working

chuga

chuga

Hi,

Recently (maybe for the last few weeks) the movie status indicator does not work.   While watching a movie if I hit "pause" and bring up the status screen, the progress bar shows 100% progress (all the way watched).  The "start time" and "end time" are wrong....the "end time" looks more like the time the movie started....so after watching for a bit the "end time" is before the "start time".

I have tried rebooting, etc.   The version is "up to date".

thanks

chuga

Whatever you are watching does not have proper media info on the server end.  Refresh it.

chuga

Hi.

I tried refreshing on the movie title itself from within emby wmc client (using record button). This did not solve the issue. I also went into the server dashboard metadata manager and did "refresh" on the movie, then opened wmc emby and tried again with no luck. Currently I have a refresh running on the whole folder "kids movies" and will check to see if that works whenever it'd done.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

When you look at the item in the web client detail page, what shows at the bottom for "Media Info"?

chuga

Under media info it only has two lines:

Container:mp4

Path \\tower\kids movies\finding nemo (2003).mp4

Just installed the server update. Still have the same issue....tried 4 other movies and they all have incorrect end times

Edited by chuga

Under media info it only has two lines:

Container:mp4

Path \\tower\kids movies\finding nemo (2003).mp4

That's your problem.  We have no media information on the item so we have no idea how long it is.

However, this should really only be an issue if you are streaming and that shouldn't be the case from MBC (unless you are remote).  If you are not remote, make sure that the Windows user running MBC has access to that location.

chuga

Thanks for the quick replies

This is not remote. Using wmc on the same PC as emby server. Unraid server on same internal network

I can exit wmc and access and browse the unraid shares with no issues via windows explorer.

How do I generate the media information? I would imagine something like movie length is specific to each user (not from imdb for example) as dvd rips might be slightly different

Thanks

Post an MBC log from when you try to play one of these items to be sure it isn't streaming.  The media info is gathered when the item is ingested or refreshed.  If that isn't happening then there is some problem getting the information from those files.

First thing you need to do is update MBC.  You are on a pretty old version - about four releases behind current.

I'm not sure that will affect your issue though because we simply do not have any media info for that item.  That means the server is not able to obtain it for some reason.  This also means those items probably will not be able to stream to other clients as well.  So we need to get to the bottom of why that is the case.

Would need to see a log from the server when you refresh the item.

chuga

Hi

I just opened and tried a refresh, and attached the server log.

will try and update MBC - I thought it was autoupdating!

thanks

just checked - I have it set to autoupdate system level set to "release" and plugin set to "beta"

do you suggest beta for system level?

server-63567169705.txt

Edited by chuga

Lots of errors trying to access paths as you've defined them in the server.  You need to confirm those.  Also invalid xml metadata files in with some of your items so we have no metadata on them.

What item did you refresh?

chuga

Finding nemo was last tried

I'll check the paths

Removed and readded the "kids movies" folder.. Path to the unraid folder is correct.

I have always used MCM for metadata. Maybe a month ago I had it refreshing and redoing some metadata which could have renamed some movies. Could this relate to the problem? The path must be ok since the movie plays

Edited by chuga

Okay, you need to refresh the item from the web client edit page using the "Advanced Refresh" and "Refresh All data" options.  The act of changing the movie out from under us probably caused us to lose the media information so it needs to be re-gathered but the simple refresh from the client only re-fetches the metadata.

Here are the file system errors I'm seeing:

The directory name \\192.168.0.192\music is invalid.

Also it looks like MCM may have put a bunch of bad xml files in with your movies because I see a bunch of invalid root element errors as well.

chuga

I tried the advanced refresh all with no luck

Now I went into MCM and deleted all metadata. Enabled metadata fetch in emby and did a refresh all...letting it run to see if it does ok from scratch

Thanks

Still seeing lots of errors with the inability to access the network locations you have defined.

chuga

Odd in that the movies will still play so the network path is correct.

Does emby have a way to clear metadata, cache etc and start from scratch?

Thanks

chuga

Hi

I uninstalled emby server and wmc client.   manually delted the program data and user/appdata/roaming folders for both and then ran ccleaner for good measure.

redownloaded and installed server and client from scratch.  

added just one smaller movie folder to see how it goes - still having some issues.

see attached logs - for example the movie 'stranded'

thanks

server-63567457213.txt

MBClassic-17520159d618558d744444cbf23db263c7846a6.log

Looks like it is an incomplete DVD folder rip...?

2015-05-17 11:01:06.9036 Debug - App: Running FFProbeProvider for \\tower\movies\Drama\Stranded (2002)
2015-05-17 11:01:06.9316 Error - App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5607.2
	Command line: C:\Users\chuga\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: False
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\chuga\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\chuga\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Unable to find VTS IFO file
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException
	   at DvdLib.Ifo.Dvd.ReadVTS(UInt16 vtsNum, List`1 allFiles)
	   at DvdLib.Ifo.Dvd..ctor(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.FetchFromDvdLib(Video item, IIsoMount mount)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.OnPreFetch(Video item, IIsoMount mount, BlurayDiscInfo blurayDiscInfo)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__0`1.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__4c.MoveNext()

Or, if it isn't incomplete, then it could just be the fact that probing those disc formats for media info is not very reliable.

chuga

Made some progress today. After the reinstall. I also went in ( through hundreds) of movie folders and manually deleted old metadata files. Seems to be working now

Also your previousost is correct. I found 4 movies which wre corrupt and could not be scanned

Thanks for your help