Hockeystreams transcoding problem

archangelz

archangelz

Hi Hamstercat, 

Would it be possible for the hockeystreams plugin to provide the media information for the streams? That or have it hardcode a stream bitrate in so it is available to use for transcoding purposes? 

What is happening is on transcode for hockeystreams, there is no media information so EMBY transcodes to the maximum limit available. This limit is used elsewhere so non-hockeystreams users will have the bandwidth completely chewed up by the one hockeystream user. 

Associated thread for that conversation is here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21144-streaming-playback-settings-problems/&do=findComment&comment=206332

Thanks!

hamstercat

Sure, I should have some time next week to check that. I don't have the bitrate of the media in their API however, so I'll have to think of something. I'll check that post you linked in more detail to have a better idea.

• Like 1

Deihmos

Why would you need hockstreams transcoded? There website already have mobile friendly streams.

Well without media info the server has no way to know that

• Like 1

archangelz

Why would you need hockstreams transcoded? There website already have mobile friendly streams.

I access everything through the Emby android/web interface when family members or myself are on the road for business. If one of us is out of town and the others are watching at home as well... we'd have to do that anyways. 

Why goto several different places for your content if Emby can handle it all for you?

I access everything through the Emby android/web interface when family members or myself are on the road for business. If one of us is out of town and the others are watching at home as well... we'd have to do that anyways. 

Why goto several different places for your content if Emby can handle it all for you?

I don't think he wasn't suggesting you go to their website.  I think he was just questioning why the server was transcoding and the answer is that it doesn't have the information it needs to know that it doesn't have to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
hamstercat

I'm looking at the other thread and this seems to have been fixed in Emby itself, am I right or I'm missing something?

I looked at the problem last week but I'm not sure how I can fix it from within the channel since the Hockeystreams API is not giving the media info.

yea if the api doesn't give you any info then that's fine. that's all you can do.