Emby server is unreachable

dragon2611

dragon2611

Since the last update both my fireTV and FireTV Stick report "Emby server is unreachable" after Kodi startup.

The Emby firetv app running on the same device seems to be able to connect to the server which leads me to believe it's a problem with the kodi plugin rather than the network itself.

Angelblue05

Can you post your log? I added a server is online check to avoid wiping your Kodi database if the server is offline.

All it does is do a simple call to the server, if the server is indeed unreachable, then it will show in logs. Thanks.

Angelblue05

It just makes an api call to your server. If it gets a connection error, it will keep trying until it succeeds or Kodi is shut down.... In the log if you see something like Errno 10061 Connection error, then it means your server is unreachable at that address. So verify the address you put in your addon settings.

@@dragon2611

Edit: Yeah, it says your server is offline. If it isn't, make sure you have the correct address in with the correct port. Make sure you are not using localhost or 127.0..... Use the actual IP or url(what you see in your Emby server dashboard) :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Can you set your log to debug (instead of info, in the addon settings, not Kodi debug), hopefully it will show us more of what's going on. Thanks 

Edited by Angelblue05

dragon2611

Sure, I'll do it on the Stick if that's ok (it's nearer to me than the other FTV)

Edit:  Pm'd you it.

Edited by dragon2611

Angelblue05

A fix for this will be available in the next version 0.1.4. It will be announced, as usual :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Blueeyiz702

A fix for this will be available in the next version 0.1.4. It will be announced, as usual :)

Have they came out with the fix Angelblue05? im expierencing same problem for couple days now here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/pmsy8xdfy

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Angelblue05

@

Hey, ok, you might need to start from scratch - your userdata seems to be corrupted as in Kodi is not able to locate any of your userdata files. What you can do is rename your current userdata and start Kodi - it will recreate everything. Make sure the Emby for Kodi add-on is installed and hopefully this will correct your situation.

Blueeyiz702

@

Hey, ok, you might need to start from scratch - your userdata seems to be corrupted as in Kodi is not able to locate any of your userdata files. What you can do is rename your current userdata and start Kodi - it will recreate everything. Make sure the Emby for Kodi add-on is installed and hopefully this will correct your situation.

how do i rename userdata,and where do i find this at? sorry but im still new to this and could use help,thanks.

Angelblue05

Np! :)

Windows 7: C:\users\your user\%appdata(hidden)\roaming\Kodi\ rename the userdata folder.

Start Kodi back up, in add-ons make sure Emby for Kodi is installed and set how you want - if the Emby server detection starts, you can esc to manually set your add-on settings. Then when you press Ok, it should start the sync automatically, if not you can restart Kodi and it should start the sync. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Blueeyiz702

Np! :)

Windows 7: C:\users\your user\%appdata(hidden)\roaming\Kodi\ rename the userdata folder.

Start Kodi back up, in add-ons make sure Emby for Kodi is installed and set how you want - if the Emby server detection starts, you can esc to manually set your add-on settings. Then when you press Ok, it should start the sync automatically, if not you can restart Kodi and it should start the sync. 

ok do i actually rename the userdata folder itself,or is folder inside of that? and can i just use my name for that? thanks

Angelblue05

Just rename the folder itself (userdata to userdata_old or something) so you keep it as a backup if it doesn't work out. You are essentially hiding it from Kodi so it will recreate a new version with no corruption.

Edited by Angelblue05