Question about Google Sync

saitoh183

saitoh183

I just started to test this plugin out and i have a few questions:

Server ver: 3.0.5597.1

I have synced a MKV file that i know needs transcoding when viewed from outside my network.

1 - Is the webclient, if used from Emby connect or direct access, outside of my network, suppose to choose the Cloud location or is this not supported? Tested with a friend and he tried to play the file that is synced and it was still transcoding of my server.

2 - i read a few threads and saw one stating that the general profile wasnt working well and to use the Baseline...is this still the case? 

pick the profile based on what it says for the description and what apps you're using.

yes it will play the cloud synced version but bitrate setting still applies

saitoh183

pick the profile based on what it says for the description and what apps you're using.

yes it will play the cloud synced version but bitrate setting still applies

Ah Ok, so if i choose baseline, it would be the version that the web player could use.

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

@@Luke

Just tried to sync the same file with baseline profile since its the one that is suppose to be compatible with the webclient but when i play the episode it is still transcoding so it is not using the cloud version.

Am i missing something?

i just did a test by sycning and uploading a new video and it worked as expected. the server log will tell why it wasn't  used

saitoh183

@@Luke

Just tried to sync the same file with baseline profile since its the one that is suppose to be compatible with the webclient but when i play the episode it is still transcoding so it is not using the cloud version.

Am i missing something?

@@Luke

Here is a log https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxzobcbz40tjaha/server-63566467204.txt?dl=0

I saw some errors about stream but im not sure they are related or not...the sync show is Family guy

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

@@Luke

Found anything in the logs?

Edited by saitoh183