madVR making video playback in smaller aspect ratio

Scals37
Go to solution Solved by Scals37,

Scals37

I enabled madVR last night to attain smoother playback, and the quality is phenomenal! The problem is that during playback, the screen shrinks down by about an inch or two on all sides (essentially decreasing my screen from 50 inch to 47ish inches). When playback stops, it reverts back to using the whole TV screen. Are there any options that I'm missing? I installed the whole madVR plugin outside of Emby but the settings are very much foreign language to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jordy

In MBT, go to: Settings - Video Player - Configure Video Renderer  and adjust "Scaling mode" until you get the desired outcome.

cheers

• Like 1

• Solution
Scals37

I narrowed it down to my AMD graphics card settings. So most may not experience the same issue, but for me it came down to the scaling settings in AMD settings. Thanks for the responses guys.

• 2 weeks later...
bnwbass

I narrowed it down to my AMD graphics card settings. So most may not experience the same issue, but for me it came down to the scaling settings in AMD settings. Thanks for the responses guys.

I also have AMD graphics, please share what resolved your issue within the AMD settings

bw

• 3 weeks later...
brainfryd

@@bnwbass

Essentially for all resolutions/framerates you have added / listed in MadVR (or have media of), you need to select that resolution in your desktop settings and then in the ATI/AMD control app, adjust the scaling options to suit your screen.

The ATI/AMD control panel stores scaling settings independently for different desktop resolutions & framerates. (i.e 1080p24,1080p30, 1080p50, 720p50,720p30 etc... )

Hope this makes sense, as it had me perplexed for ages, when i turned on MadVR :P

• Like 1