Sync with 3.0.5597.1 Working for Anyone?

Pais
Go to solution Solved by Pais,

Pais

I've had several videos waiting to sync for several days now to my Surface Pro 3 which has been on the whole time. Typically this happens automatically after a couple of hours. I've tried to repeatedly close/open the Windows 8.1 app as well as restart the Surface and Emby server. Still nothing has started to sync.

Is this limited to me or are other having success with sync? Some steps I can do to generate a useful log?

Tested fine here. Remember the app has to be authenticated. If you close the app or move it to the background, that's ok. If you sign out it will no longer be authenticated, and thus, no longer able to sync in the background.

I believe the app has a manual sync button you can try. 

And as always:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Deathsquirrel

I can't find the manual sync button. Here are a bunch of logs.

The sync option is under the user icon in the upper right corner.  Click that, sync is an option on the resulting menu.

Pais

I thought that just took you to the sync job page (e.g. what's synced/converting/transferring). Clicking the button is not initiating a sync on my end even the screen displayed after pressing it does acknowledge that the server has jobs waiting to transfer.

• Solution
Pais

It seems like somehow the server became disassociated with the Windows 8.1 app. I uninstalled and re-installed and now sync is working again.