Emby Server on Raspberry Pi 2 possible?

feardamhan

feardamhan

Hi All

Apologies if this is already answered - I did look, but didnt see a thread that gave the answer in black and white.

I have a Raspberry Pi 2, and would like to install it such that it is both the Emby Server and Client (Kodi + Kodi Emby Add-On)

I've tried various linux distributions (NOOB, Raspbian, Ubuntu) and have struggled as certain packages dont seem to be available for the arm architecture. In particular imagemagick-6.q8,  libmagickwand-6.q8-2 and libmagickcore-6.q8-2.

Short question....has anyone gotten Emby server running on a Raspberry Pi 2, or am I beating a dead horse? 

Disclosure, I'm technical but Linux is not my strong suit, so I have to muddle around a bit, and need fairly explicit instructions. That said, if someone tells me its definitely possible, and points me in the right direction, I'm capable of muddling and reverse engineering enough to understand the requirements and getting the job done.

Can anyone set me straight?

Thanks

Ken

Yes it has been done. Also, it's not mentioned, but you can skip ImageMagick and use libgdiplus instead, if those packages are easier for you to resolve.

feardamhan

Thanks Luke. Knowings its possible is half the battle.

Can anyone steer me on the path of least resistance distribution wise? I found this thread. Its Debian on a different platform. Is this as close as I'll get to a blow-by-blow install procedure?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19415-debian/

In the meantime, I'll start playing with libgdiplus

Ken

feardamhan

So I'm making progress with this. Got the server running through a bunch of different repos, changing DLL etc. Playback aborts for some reason, so probably an ffmpeg issue. Once I get it all resolved, I'll post my findings.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
oli316

Hey, is anyone willing to post an sd img somewhere with emby server ready to go for raspberry pi 2? - I'm struggling to get this running myself...

Thanks

Hi!

I got emby-server running on my raspberry pi2 running debian (it's actually running OSMC). Wrote up a guide on how to get it running:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/howto-install-emby-server/6364

Oh and @@oli316 I don't think that there's any sd card image currently available for the Rpi (although that would be awesome) but if you follow my guide you should be able to get it working

• 1 month later...