Trying to set up my server and get an error massage saying....Could Not Resolve Host media.private.

abney01

chef

Could this be the file system not being shared to "Everyone"?

If it is, and you are using Windows, try right clicking on your media folders and select "share" and then make sure that "everyone" is selected and saved for the folder structure.

I could be worng about this though...

We'd need more information like exactly when that error occurs and how it is shown to you.

But, off the top of my head it looks like one of those weird OEM issues like happen on HP computers sometimes.  We don't address anything called "media.private".

abney01

Using a Mac book Pro computer XOS Yosmite. When trying to add file to my server thats the error message I get?. 

grimsage

Your posting the same question in two different places.  Each time we have asked for screenshots or more information, possibly some log files.

Exactly where are you getting this error?

• 2 weeks later...
abney01

Trying to set up my server but can't get past the Configure Settings stage. It should not be hard to fix?. I think something needs to be changed in Terminal.

Edited by abney01

• 2 weeks later...
abney01

OMG it feels like I am going round and round with nothing going fixed. There is something wrong with EMBY and Mac computers. The software does not work.

Plex is the best hands down... PERFECT don't waste your time with this average Joe's CRAP....