wrong covers with tv series

eddedrukker

eddedrukker

After update to the last version of emby for wmc there are cover mixed up in my libery on the wmc 7 client. How can i fix this i did a rescan on the server but no effect.

It seems that only my mediacenter (WMC 7) is affected with that, on my laptop with win 8.1 and emby for wmc its not. What can i do ?

Edited by eddedrukker

Hi, I noticed similar issues (as well as others) of incorrect images for tv series using version 264, as I mentioned in this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20614-frequent-crasheshangups-with-latest-264-wmc-client/

I don't know if you had a chance to look into it more Ebr, but 264 definitely caused major issues for me while 262 everything behaved as expected.

pgriffith

Hi all

I'm getting the same wrong covers on TV series, currently on 265. I have 3 clients all on 265 but it's only happening on one of them so far.

And to be specific it's only on the Home Screen on the latest added episodes, in the main TV library everything is fine.

Cheers

pgriffith

Now running version 266

Had a lot of new TV shows added today and again some had the wrong covers shown on the EHS, mixups detailed below.

Naked and Afraid - OK
Mad Men - Silicon Valley Cover
Veep - Madmen Cover
Silicon Valley - OK
The Last Man on Earth - Veep Cover
Nurse Jackie - OK
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - OK
Family Guy - OK
Once Upon a Time (2011) - OK
Bob's Burgers - OK
The Simpsons - OK

All metadata fetched in the series folders is correct and the web interface, Win8 and android apps show no errors. Admittedly those 3 apps don't show covers, only the episode thumbnail, but there are no mixups.

Tried it in the classic and chocolate themes with the same result.

Edit: Just after posting, noticed that the TV series above with the wrong covers also had the wrong covers in the main library. I did a series refresh on all of them (record button) and they then picked up the right cover art. So somehow they were picking up cover art that wasn't in their folders ?

Thats fixed the EHS screen now.

Edited by pgriffith

LASooner

I found that if I turned off logos, deleted the image cache, then restarted MBC the correct covers show up again. I've turned off disc images as well. Just backdrops and posters. Seems to have corrected all the incorrect images I was getting. As some movie posters were showing up as  codec info such as the aspect ratio icon or the audio codec icon. Turning off logos has seemed to fix this problem.

@@paul777 is there any chance your new caching changes have had an impact here?  I haven't looked too deeply into exactly what you did and I kinda doubt it because you said you only enabled it on extenders but just wanted to see if you had a thought.  The entire image url needs to be taken into account when creating the cache key because the tag value within the url is what tells us the image has changed from a previous version.

tphillip1120

I am having the same issue in the web client since updating to Version 3.0.5607.2 of Emby Server.

All posters under all collections are now blank. I did attempt to delete my Emby Cache files

and rescan the media libraries but this did not work. I will check the Roku Client when

I get home from work.

I am having the same issue in the web client since updating to Version 3.0.5607.2 of Emby Server.

All posters under all collections are now blank. I did attempt to delete my Emby Cache files

and rescan the media libraries but this did not work. I will check the Roku Client when

I get home from work.

Different problem

Missing posters in Collections created by Auto Box Sets Plugin

paul777

@@paul777 is there any chance your new caching changes have had an impact here?  I haven't looked too deeply into exactly what you did and I kinda doubt it because you said you only enabled it on extenders but just wanted to see if you had a thought.  The entire image url needs to be taken into account when creating the cache key because the tag value within the url is what tells us the image has changed from a previous version.

It should be ok, the key remains the same - it just has some extra bits added to the filename for the size info so the file becomes <key>_<size>. Certainly mine seems to pickup changes made to images on the server without anything needing to be done manually.

solidus28

I've noticed something similar for movies, which prompted me to delete my cache on the Windows 7 client, which pulled down most of the right images.  But yesterday, I found another poster that was wrong in the client.  The movie was A Better Tomorrow 2, but it had the cover for National Treasure.  When I looked on the server in the metadata manager, the image was correct for A Better Tomorrow 2.  One trend I believe I've noticed is that while most of my posters are 1000x1500, it looks like some of the mismatches have been when the poster is a lower resolution.  For example, A Better Tomorrow 2 was like 300x200.  I selected a higher res image in the metadata manager and the image refreshed correctly on the client.  Could it be something to do with low res posters vs high res posters?

I doubt it.  That was probably coincidental.  I believe there is an obscure issue with caching somewhere but I'm not sure exactly which layer it is in.  I've seen these types of reports on more clients than just this one too.