RAR-Archive support progress?

xayide

Not enough demand at this time sorry. Go get an army of all your rar archive friends, bring them to our community, and then we'll reconsider.

• 2 months later...

here is fine or any of the other topics created about the issue. i think there's one other with a little longer discussion.

Deathsquirrel

No, they want to leave the files rar-ed and play from the rars.  They don't want to unpack it.  Personally wouldn't touch the request but I'm not a developer so that opinion really doesn't cost anyone anything.

• Like 1

trusselo

too bad...

though i bet removing a single line of code and some proper folder logic could do the exact, controversial thing they are looking for.

chef

Well, I looked into it. It's a little above my pay grade... In other words the functions the users want needs to be built into the player/ transcoding engine.

Incase anyone else wants to give it a go with their own pull request of the server code on git...

It is possible to use some of the libraries in emby (specifically the "sharpcompress" libraries/IZipClient Interfaces in the API) and ffmpeg to do this.

I don't think a plugin is going to do this request any justice. sorry guys, but I'm out when it comes to making this happen.

Best of luck :)

Mwuanno

As I posted in another thread amongst a wall of text - rar playback is a much coveted feature for me.

Natively, as the rar2fs method has some drawbacks and kinks.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If plugins exist that will add workarounds for rar-playback i would say the demand exist.

But how can we measure demand on a feature? Everyone that wants this feature will not post on this forum.