Music Genre wrong

skynet600

skynet600

I have an issue specific to music genre in MBC.  In MBC if I look into Music Genre and the specific Genre of Children first issue is the folder image.  It should be the same as the rest but I get a default image.  This is what I have in the web client ui.

553e156de525d_children2.png

553e158165bff_children3.png

This is what I see in MusicGenre view.

553e150c4bb67_music_genre.png

This is what I see inside that genre.  Note the "Various Artists" tag bottom left.  This is here I believe since the album containing the "Children" genre is also Various Artists compilation.

553e15c0b13a5_children.png

However the web ui is correct and here is what I see.

553e16383a516_children4.png

I have the same problem with the genre "Soundtracks" in that all I see is my Various Artists compilations.  The folder image is ok though in this case.  It is just the contents.  In this case the web ui is also correct.

Any idea what is wrong here please?

Exactly how are you arriving at what you are calling "MusicGenre View" in MBC?  Legacy browsing or using the new views?

Okay, I think I've seen elsewhere where the auto-generated images were taking priority over specifically defined ones.  To confirm this is what is happening, you could delete the image cache on the MBC side and see if anything changes.

Confirm that the image that shows in the web client is actually within the IBN folder for that MusicGenre.

skynet600

Confirmed. Please remember it is not just that image that is a problem but also the contents of that genre including soundtrack.

Okay, I missed that part.  That probably means you are looking at two different items in the different places.

What is in IBN\Genre\Children?

skynet600

There is a thumb image and a folder image. The folder image is different to that shown in the web ui.