Backup plugin only restoring first 4 users

Jambercob
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Jambercob

Server Version 3.0.5588.1

Backup Plugin version 1.0.0.4

Just switched from Windows 8.1 Pro to 2012R2 on our server. Using the backup plugin to restore the server configuration and everything, it appears the backup did in fact backup all users and data. However, when restoring, it only restores the first 4 users. I have tried to just tell the plugin to do 1 user but any user beyond that first 4 will not restore. 

Any thoughts?

• Solution

Does the 5th user have a space in their name?  Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, the server stopped allowing that and the plug-in will hang when trying to access users with a space in their name in some situations.

• Like 1

Jambercob

ebr, thank you so much! It didn't even occur to me that was the issue. I just went into the backup folder and removed the spaces in the usernames in the users folder and the userdata folder. Everything restored fine, then I just simply added back the spaces by editing the user from within the server interface.

Thanks! :)

Luke - what is the official word on this?  Does the server allow spaces in user names or not?  It seems to work fine in most instances but causes problems like this in others.