Episodes out of order

Kernel32
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Kernel32

I have been having this problem for several months and through several versions of MediaBrowser for WMC.  I have a Specials folder for a TV series with 100+ videos in it.  They're named 0x001 - Title.mp4 thru 0x145 - Title.mp4.  They show up in order through the web interface but when viewed in the WMC program, they're all out of order.  The Windows 8 app just crashes on the folder but I assume that's just because of the number of episodes.

How can I get the episodes to appear in order within the WMC program?

Kernel32

They all appear to have aired dates in the xml files.  The dates do not correspond to the order displayed.

• Solution

The key will be the Airs Before and After items.  Use the metadata manager to see if these values are filled in.

• Like 2

Kernel32

Ok, I see now.  I don't understand the logic behind this behavior trumping the Sort Order when set to Name.  And while I don't like the idea of having Less Metadata, if it's the only way to get the episodes to arrange numerically I suppose that's what'll have to happen.

Thank you for your help.

It's just one of the niggles that exists because MBC originated from a completely different system.

• 7 months later...
elrond1369

You might need to change the episode file pattern. You can do this by following the steps bellow:

1. In the sidebar, click manage server

2. under *extras*, on the sidebar, click auto organize.

3. Click TV at the top.

4. Check enable new episode organization.

5. Click episode file pattern.

6. Type out the file pattern using the corresponding '%' codes. My setup is 'Ep%e %en' which results in 'Ep1 Episode name'

7. Click save at the bottom

If this hasn't resolved your problem then do the following:

1. Click library in the sidebar.

2. Click scan library.

Edited by elrond1369
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
tacticalcity

In the latest version the Media Manager has a feid for Episode number. Entering the correct episode number into this field fixed it for me. 

In the latest version the Media Manager has a feid for Episode number. Entering the correct episode number into this field fixed it for me. 

Hi, yes certainly having episodes with missing numbers or incorrect numbers would cause them to be ordered in a way that you might not want.