Can someone help me with CSS (branding)

pir8radio

pir8radio

I would like to add an icon and link to the strip at the top, far left of the other icons...   How would i do that through the CSS "branding" section...  I know how to do all of this through the html and css files.. but not through pure css...    I would prefer the page i am opening still have the MB strip at the top, so the users can get back to the server easily, or so my displayed page looks part of Emby.   If you need more info or im not clear let me know.    I am going to add an html5 upload icon and a stats icon to display web based stats...

thanks in advance.

techywarrior

Well, you can't add a link via CSS. You'll need to add some JS or HTML. Since the branding CSS was added it seems like the idea of allowing proper themeing of the web client has sort of fallen to the wayside (at least temporarily).

I'd still like Luke to add the ability to load *.css, *.js, and images from a folder inside a specified theme folder or even from a zip file that is uploaded thru the web client. It's more complex then what is in place and not a high priority though.

• Like 1

pir8radio

@@techywarrior i can add all of that through the html files, but i don't want to have to redo it after every update...    

-= Deleted so I don't confuse anyone searching for something similar =-

I just don't know how to put it all together with Emby's css. Or rather the time to figure it out.. lol

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Humm  crap, i guess ill have to do all of my editing in enginx and rewrite exact text match, add to the HTML that way...  messy but should work.  Thanks for the input @@techywarrior  had a brain fart on the previous post..   -_-