Server: Twitter Integration for Newly Added Content

CubexDE

CubexDE

I have a password-protected guest account on my Emby server that I give out to friends so they can stream or download items from my library. Sometimes they make special requests of some new content that isn't available yet, but once I find it and have it added to my library I then have to text them each individually (or send a mass text) to let them know it's available, which is annoying for me. Obviously they can just login and check every day or so but that's annoying for them.

What would be cool is if I could set up a dedicated Twitter account that I could link to my Emby server. Whenever new content is scanned, Emby would send a tweet saying something like "New content in Movies: Big Buck Bunny" (because apparently we all just love Big Buck Bunny). All my friends with access to my library could follow that special Twitter account and when a new TV episode or movie is added they would know right away and I wouldn't have to go and tell them. I could also follow this account myself so when Catch downloads a new TV episode and it gets auto-organized by Emby while I'm away from home (which happens often since I work nights) I would be able to see that Emby is humming along and new episodes are being loaded as they should be.

Thoughts? Would this feature be useful to anyone else? Would it be hard to implement the necessary Oauth features and Twitter API commands?

Well, the fact that you've heard of OAuth suggests you're probably capable of doing it :)

Check out the Notifciations section in the server dashboard. While we don't currently have Twitter we can send notifications to devices via the various notification plugins that are available.

In order to support Twitter someone would have to implement the notification interface to call twitter's api.

CubexDE

Well, the fact that you've heard of OAuth suggests you're probably capable of doing it :)

Unfortunately I'm really not.