Shortcuts to sholders (Titan)

altramarine

altramarine

Good day,

As of 3.0.5582 server release, i started getting Authentication error messages when launching previously working Kodi 14.1. Looking at the server end, the user in question (that worked fine before) gets disabled. Enabled it, tried starting Kodi - user gets disabled again.

So, I decided to do a full refresh of my setup by uninstalling Kodi entirely and then reinstall:

Kodi Helix 14.2

Kodi Repo (Media Browser) - produced same authentication issues. Uninstalled.

Installed Beta Kodi Repo 1.0.2 - Emby 0.0.30

Titan Beta skin

This appears to work fine except now I no longer see my custom collection folders. I only see generic "Movies" "Shows" folders that consolidate everything but that is no good for me. I think this is something to do the way Kodi does its sorting?

Could you pretty please give me a hand with adding "shortcuts" to my custom folders in Titan skin?

Many thanks!

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP2

Emby server: 3.0.5588

Kodi Helix: 14.2

Beta Kodi Repo - Emby 0.0.30

Beta Titan skin

Angelblue05

Yeah, I overhauled the authentication system with the Emby for Kodi. Unfortunately, we are pressed for time so the MB add-on is at a stand-still for now.

Anyway, to answer your question. With the new add-on, we are using tags to recreate your Emby user views. In Titan, you should be able to add a home shortcut point to the tag itself. Or you can create a smart playlist, using the tag you want and point the home shortcut to the smart playlist instead. Either way should work.

Hope this helps, if not, I'd suggest posting here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-mediabrowser-skin-for-xbmc/

You will get more help :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

altramarine

Thanks so much for the reply. This explains the authentication issue.

Unfortunately, I do not know what or where these tags are. No idea what a smart playlist is either. Time to do some research on the Titan skin :)

Angelblue05

Thanks so much for the reply. This explains the authentication issue.

Unfortunately, I do not know what or where these tags are. No idea what a smart playlist is either. Time to do some research on the Titan skin :)

Ok, @@altramarine

Smart playlist steps:

To create a Video smart playlist: http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Smart_playlist_for_video

The skin is Confluence, but you should be able to find the same references using the Titan skin.

1. Select under "Find items where" New rules > Tags / Is > Select the tag from the list (should be name the same as your views in Emby for easy reference).
  2. Name the playlist the same as your Emby view. You can name it however you'd like, the home menu will usually take it name as display name.

And that's how you create a smart playlist in Kodi.

In Titan, via the skin settings you can select the home menu items and point the new home shortcut to the smart playlist you just created (don't be afraid to explore as I think it should show under Video library, but I'm not sure on that). This part you can ask on the Titan skin thread. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

altramarine

Thank you very much!

I will give this a go once home.

Has Kodi been changed quite a bit to involve these extra steps now (tags, smartlist)?