Delay in LiveTv starting.

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

With the last release and recent beta, I have noticed a delay in the start of live TV, in both Theatre and the Win 8 app. I am most familiar with the Win 8 app. Now when you click on a channel the screen clears and remains blank (just the background showing) for some number of seconds before the loading spinner starts. Before the loading would start immediately. The win8 release hasn't changed to introduce this behavior.

Attached is extract of server and ServerWMC logs.

liveTV.txt

I don't know if this related to the direct play of hdhomerun content. I noticed a round trip to serverWMC  for the url. Is this needed can the vchannel just be included in the guide data. @ 

correct me if I am wrong, but I think you mentioned with a dlna stream there is no way to pick a particular tuner on the HD and you check the tuner directly for activity... so the server could just open the stream 

I know I always make it sound easier than it really is ;)

Thanks

-Vicpa

it is directly related to the direct play initiative and there's nothing krustyreturns can do about it. we probe the live stream to determine the most efficient way for clients to play it. the cost of that is an extra second or two before playback starts.

Vicpa

Hi,

Thanks @@Luke. figured it was something like that. One question though in the future maybe something could be done with presets or ?. The stream characteristics are what they are. Theatre and win8 for example have a known set of capabilities. The settings could be made up front rather then checked each time.

BTW direct stream looks really nice in theatre.

-Vicpa

Edited by Vicpa