MetaData path and link questions

skl_mobile

skl_mobile

So, I just turned on some of the metadata features of EMBY and I noticed that in the nfo files it generates it doesn't use links to IMDB and so for, but references a local server path name to the image files.

So it removed all the IMDB links and replaced them with local references to the image files.

I have since turned this off and started re-indexing with sickbeard all the nfo files.

So my questions are as follows.

Can I change the setting to where it uses links to IMDB instead of a local pathname.

Can I change the setting to where it uses a relative path to store and reference the image files.

I ask this because sometimes I like to zip up a folder and send them to a friend on a dvd, and having the metadata either local or on the internet vs my server, well you get the idea.

skl_mobile

.... I have that set.

Does Emby overwrite preexisting NFO files and or overwrite data in said nfo files?

Is this below because of the save image path within nfo files option?

/var/db/emby-server/metadata/People/M/Morgan Freeman/poster.jpg

Edited by skl_mobile

if both of those boxes are checked then yes it will at times save over the nfo's, but it will preserve existing data so there won't be any data loss.

• 1 year later...
genesius

Hello,

New to Emby but same problem, I wish keep initial url in the NFO but Emby change all path in the NFO for actors's picture when I make a refresh from exisintg NFO (created with Tny Media Manager) or when I create one directly from Emby.

I have disabled "save images paths within nfo file" and "enable path substitution"

But when Emby save NFO it's always put path to local folder...

Someone have an idea ?

Emby latest stable version.

Edited by genesius

You must have changed the setting after the nfo had already saved. As a test, try adding a new video to confirm.

genesius

I have uninstalled everthing, (deleted all reference to emby in appdata/roaming) make a new install (tested with stable and beta), make correct settings, create a new library put other movie inside and when Emby scan the library grab new info the nfo written has always local path for actor's picture instead of url.

Try again a third time and always local path in NFO instead of url :(

UPDATE : try more settings directly from "metadata/services/peoples"

Edited by genesius

This is by design. It depends on what we have in the database. At first it is a URL. Then later at some point the image gets downloaded and the path in the database gets changed to the local copy. 

genesius

It's possible to disable this ??? I prefer keep the url in the nfo, it's better like that and I can use other program too or give it to my friend that use other program... Now with local path in my nfo the picture of actor will not work anymore with other program.

And when I disable the option "save images paths within nfo file" it's not respected with this "design"... 

Edited by genesius

When you disable save image path to nfo it is respected, but it will not go back and change nfo's that were previously saved.

genesius

And when I wish use a nfo create directly from Emby ????

It's always path instead url... too with new movie.

Try four times with fresh install, each time with new movie, immediately at the creation of the nfo it has path instead url.

My settings :

library :

enable : download artwork and metadata from internet

enable : save artwork and metadata into media folders

enable : download image in advance

enable : enable chapter extraction

nfo settings

disable : save image paths within nfo files

disable : enable path subsitution

disable : copy extrafanart into extrathumb

-----------------------------

I put a new movie never indexed before..., scan the library..., the newly fresh created nfo has path instead of url directly.

What's wrong ????

Edited by genesius

genesius

At post# 10 you says "When you disable save image path to nfo it is respected, but it will not go back and change nfo's that were previously saved." 

The problem occur too with NEW nfo created the first time with Emby with good settings (movie with no previous know actors from local database)... it's not only previous nfo... 

Edited by genesius