Live TV not working

spyke562

spyke562

Hello Everyone,

Been using Live TV for quite some time now and it appears it stopped working.  When I go to the Live TV section I get the following error:

"Unavailable (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.10.6:9081)"

I have EMBY Server on PC1 and WMC/ServerWMC on my HTPC.

I have my Recorded TV folder shared.

I have also double checked my SWMC settings to make sure the ports match up.

One thing that did change recently was the other night I was attempting to stream live tv (NHL Playoffs all the way!) on my iPad and I noticed after tapping the play button it just kept spinning and nothing would show.  So I tried a few times more and nothing.

The next morning I noticed the drive my recorded TV folder on my HTPC was full and I saw thumbnails of the hockey game I was watching.  So I deleted them and my free space was back to normal.

Anything else I should be looking at to get Live TV working again as well as why the streams would fill up the drive.

Thanks,
Ian...

make sure server wmc is running. also make sure live tv functions in windows media center as that's what server wmc depends on

spyke562

Thanks for the reply.  Server WMC is running as I see it in the task bar and I am double checking the settings.  I am also watch Live TV in WMC on my HTPC.

Anything else I can check?

spyke562

version info
EMBY Server: 3.0.5582.4
Server WMC: 1.0.0.60

Problem
While clicking the Live TV section I recieve the error message "Unavailable (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.10.6:9081)"

Live TV streaming is not working nor am I able to see Guide data.

Edited by spyke562

Ok, unfortunately this is not something we can answer for you. All we can tell is what's happening, and that is that the server wmc plugin cannot reach the server wmc app at the following address

192.168.10.6:9081

I don't believe krustyreturns has introduced any changes lately that might destabilize, although you can check with him to see if there's any more debug info you can extract. but ultimately it looks to me like something environmental and we're not going to be able to answer that

spyke562

Ok great...thanks for the assistance.  I will continue to troubleshoot why the server plugin cannot reach the wmc app.

spyke562

Forgot to ask one more follow up.  Any reason why the stream would cause my drive to fill up.

When streaming Live TV it looks like a temp file is created and when the stream stops the file is deleted.  In my case it doesn't look that it did which caused my drive to fill up.  Its like my Live TV stream was going on but I could not see it to stop the stream?

edselman

This is  also happening to me.  emby app on roku doesn't get the live tv video to play.  it actually sets off a recording that gets captured by serverwmc and then is handled by mcebuddy and deposits a second version in my recording folder (have had 90 gb files)

This is  also happening to me.  emby app on roku doesn't get the live tv video to play.  it actually sets off a recording that gets captured by serverwmc and then is handled by mcebuddy and deposits a second version in my recording folder (have had 90 gb files)

Try the beta channel