TheMovieDB not auto-identifying?

doonze
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

doonze

Server Version: Version 3.0.5582.4

Not at home right now, so no logs, will post up later if needed.

Ok, so, IMDB metadata updates fine, Emby has no issues identifying 99% of my stuff through IMDB, but on first scan it seems only about 20% got identified by TheMovieDB. And as far as I can tell no new content is. But maybe 5%. I'm fleshing out my collections, and I noticed the issue because it uses TMDB for collections. The only reason I know it pulled any TMDB info at all, is because it correctly knew the collections of some small portion of my movies.... Could that have been left over from Kodi? Maybe it's not auto-identifying from TMDB at all, could be it's reading Kodi info.... dunno enough to make a guess.

It has NO issue Identifying the moves if I go and EDIT the movie, and click IDENTIFY. If finds it straight off with no issues. I use standard movie folder and file name naming conventions "Move name (year)" When I go to IDENTIFY it has the Correct movie name in the standard structure, and the IMDB tt# in the correct place, I hit SEARCH and it finds it no problems. SAVE and it's good to go, saves TMDB for the movie and collection, plus the ratings and info from TMDB. But I have to do this Manually for almost every single movie. 

Maybe this is by design? I like TMDB's info and art much better than IMDB's. If I had to choose, I'd lose IMDB, but that's all Emby seems to find for me. Am I missing something, I've poured over Google and settings trying to find if I'm just missing something, but seems I have everything setup right....

Ideas? Thoughts? Snide remarks? 

EDIT:

Just as an example, going through the top 8 moves in my Library, all ones I have had no manual involvement in. All of these were identified fine with IMDB, but only a few were Identified by TheMovieDB..

YES:

100 Girls

10,000 BC

NO: 

2 Guns

47 Ronin

About Time

so 37% in that sample, but that seems high overall for the whole collection. I can find no rhyme or reason to what it identifies with TheMovieDB and what it doesn't, unless it's reading metadata Kodi added or the original source metadata, maybe CouchPotato? But all these movies were scanned by XBMC/KODI for years, it was my HTPC player till I rebuilt my HTPC as a server for my smart TV's. And still it's hit and miss, and I'm still using CP for the new stuff. So Emby hit and miss or source metadata is the only variables I can really see.....

Edited by doonze

Deathsquirrel

Emby doesn't use IMDB metadata, it's very likely coming from TMDB.  The IMDB ID is used as an identifier on TMDB

Happy2Play

Metadata actually comes from TMDB and OMDB.  I believe OMDB pulls info from IMDB.

Have you looked at your fetcher priority options?

5534752c3438b_metadata1.jpg

doonze

I figured pulling from IMDB was like a default high level process, no configurable, since ALL my moves have the IMDB tt# right. If it's not, then either OMGB or TMDB is correctly pulling the IMDB number... But why is it not pulling much else. I can confirm I get more metadata once I manually identify, and that it then fills out TMDB info once I have done that. 

I do have my fetching order exactly as you do above Happy. I in fact even moved my EMBY Xml settings like you have, default had them reversed. So for that last few days, my settings EXACTLY match yours on that screen.

I wouldn't know why it can pull the IMDB, and limited info, but not the full TMDB info, auto at least..... Maybe OMDB is all that's pulling???? Anyone know if OMDB has the TMDB #'s in it?

I'm thinking either my existing NFO's have TMDB info already, either from source or CP, OR OMDB is pulling but TMDB is not. 

I might trying making OMDB the primary, and TMDB secondary. If OMDB is pulling the IMDB#, maybe TMDB can then pull the movie as the secondary "fill in the missing info" source..... 

I'm a little lost, since I have no issues manually pulling the info, and often it's the only thing listed. So it's not like TMDB can't figure out which one to pick....

doonze

ok, I've confirmed that the movies I have that have partial info, all of them only have OMDB info. I went to Edit, images, and browse. There is one primary, and two backdrops, all from OMDB. So now I just have to figure out why more than 1/2 my movies are pulling fine from OMDB, and not TMDB.

I can say 99.9% of my movies pulled fine from OMDB, with NO issues, but only about 30-40% pulled from TMDB..... why is my biggest question. I've almost manually got them all updated now, but I guess I'll see what the logs may hold.  

• Solution

If you already have nfo or xml files in with your media, we aren't going to go anywhere to identify them (unless you force it like you explained).  We will just read the metadata that is already there.

Based on your description, that's what it sounds like to me.

• Like 1

doonze

Ok, so if there is existing .nfo info, Emby does nothing unless you manually force it to? If that's the case, that would explain it. I'll change CP to NOT move .nfo info, or to create it, and see what happens. Thanks.

Still not sure why every file I have has OMDB info, one primary and two backdrops. Unless that's CP. But I'll play with it more.

doonze

Bingo ebr!!!!! That was the issue, from what I had seen in the server, I thought it would always search for missing info!!!! I have now setup SAB and CP to to remove/not create .nfo's, and everything identifies correctly now with TMDB info. Perfect! Thanks!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
cw-kid

Hi

I've got a similar issue, when I import my movies from Kodi with local .nfo files created by Kodi, Emby assigns some of the movie titles with TheMovieDB IDs but a lot do not get this ID, which then means the "Browse Online Images" doesn't work for those titles in the metadata manager. Please see here for full details. 

Why do some titles get the TheMovieDB ID and some do not? All the titles I imported have the correct IMDB ID in their Kodi nfo file. 

Thanks

Because you had internet metadata turn off at the time you imported them. Now that you've turned it on, you need to refresh those items manually using the metadata manager.

cw-kid

No that's not quite the case, as I removed the folders from the Emby library and then scanned them back in with the metadata option turned on etc. 

But its still didnt populate the TheMovieDB IDs for all the movie titles. 

Edited by cw-kid

It was still the case due to the way we handle what you did.  We don't wipe out all of our information on your items when you remove a library.  So, if you just add it right back in then it will probably still find the previous information on it (unless it is added back as some other type).

cw-kid

It was still the case due to the way we handle what you did.  We don't wipe out all of our information on your items when you remove a library.  So, if you just add it right back in then it will probably still find the previous information on it (unless it is added back as some other type).

OK I thought that might be the case, so I also deleted the library.db and refreshinfo.db files from the data directory on the server, but maybe that wasn't enough to clean everything out, to then test reimporting the movies again. 

Beardyname

OK I thought that might be the case, so I also deleted the library.db and refreshinfo.db files from the data directory on the server, but maybe that wasn't enough to clean everything out, to then test reimporting the movies again. 

the meta data is probably still saved, either alongside your movies or in your custom folder.

• 1 year later...

Hi, if there's an issue with MovieDb not identifying, please let us know of an example and we'll look into it. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
doonze

Just to give an update on this, 1.5 years later all is still good as long as I have my downloaders remove or not create .nfo files themselves. Luke, I still wish we had an option to tell Emby to always create it's OWN .nfo. Like have a flag in the .nfo that says "Created by Emby" and if the flag is not present, Emby deletes the .nfo and creates it's own. The Emby .nfo's are just so much better than any others I've seen. It would of course need to be a option, not a default. I could write the code, I'll have to look into how to become a contributor.