Can't get My Views back

FrostByte

FrostByte

I unchecked all the boxes in preferences and under Display... My Views and now I can't get My Views back on the Home Page because the boxes are missing.  Tried changing the Home Page sections around to get them back and nothing changes.  I keep getting "There was an error processing your request" on my under Display and also when displaying my Home Page now.  The error pops up on other pages like music artists now so this must have a wide effect on other things.

http://pastebin.com/uJ0irpkv

5533fdb3e021e_Untitled2.jpg

FrostByte

@Luke I still can't get My Views back after switching to the latest developer release and still get the popups.  I will stay on the developer releases for awhile to see if this gets fixed.  I didn't realize how big of an impact my mistake would make on just about all my clients :)

Thanks

Log from clicking on Display preferences and Home page

http://pastebin.com/hgCGNMqv

FrostByte

I was looking at that file earlier and thought I would need to add something to make the boxes reappear, never thinking I needed to delete lines, so I left it.  I'll give what AdrianW did a try now.

FrostByte

That got the icons for Movies, Music, etc back under My Views in the Home Page, but nothing shows up when I click them.  No media at all.  Also, the check boxes are still not there under Display preferences.  Still getting the pop-ups also. 

FrostByte

Oh, the one from the picture in the first post that starts with "There was an error".  It shows up on several screens (Preferences, Home Page and others).

FrostByte

Unfortunately, that was the full log above at the time.  I cleared out the logs to start with a fresh log and then clicked on Preferences and the back to home page causing those messages to pop up

FrostByte

As a test I just moved my whole config folder into a temp folder for saving and reloaded server again which recreated a fresh copy of the config folder and files underneath it.  Now all the check boxes are back under Preferences... Display... My Views again and working icons are under My Views on the Home Page without any errors.  So guessing it was the system or config.xml files got messed up like Happy suggested.

Anyhow, sorry I didn't have more logs for you to look at.  I was trying to get you a clean log with when the error came up.  I could try and recreate the problem by unchecking the boxes under Preferences My Views again now that I can fix it.  Looks like others have seen the same thing after unchecking those boxes according to Happy's link 

ok, thanks. i'm putting up a new dev build shortly, so please try to recreate the problem.

FrostByte

I can not recreate the error on dev build 3.0.5587.39708 using the same method as before.  I may try and go back to the beta/stable release again later to see if I can recreate it.  Fix for me was to just delete the config folder and let the system recreate the files, so not sure exactly what file in there was causing the issue.