Advanced setting causing problems with Emby plugin

defiance77

defiance77

Hello everybody.

I already reported this by PM to null_pointer and xnappo, but as per request I will now post this on the forum in case it may be helpful to someone else.

As of version 0.25 of the plugin I started having problems with the plugin.

• On Kodi startup I was always getting "Emby: Script failed"
  • New episodes was not getting picked up
  • New series was not getting picked up
  • Watched state was not gettig synced.

To try to resolve this I tried a number of things.

• Reset of Kodi database from Emby settings, This never worked, Kodi hung everytime forcing me to make a hard reset.
  • Reset of database and settings, same result as above + the fyll DB sync running afteer restart but me database not containing any TV series at all even though i saw rhe scan finding them.
  • Uninstall and reinstall Emby plugin, both in GUI and by manually deleting the addon and addondata folders

None of the above worked.

Yesterday I found the problem. In my advancedsettings.xml i had the following setting. Once removed everything is working perfectly again.

<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>

A big thank you to all the developers involved in this amazing project.

• Like 1

Feanorean

Oh my god!  I have spent far too long trying to figure this out - even wiped the install, and then no TV Shows were picked up at all.  Of course, I had just dropped in my standard advancedsettings.xml without even thinking about it....

This solved it in seconds - thank you, thank you, thank you!

xnappo

Sorry guys - I actually recommended playing with that setting in another thread :(

No idea why it would cause that - but good find!