Norton sees Mediabrowser as virus, deletes before running

thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith

Norton 360, and specifically SONAR, has decided mediabrowser for Roku is a virus, or worm, or trojan. Odd, becasue it used to work fine with the previous version of MB (Norton deleted the whole thing, so I no longer have info.)

I saw the "Emby" logo, hoped that meant this was a save, but, no the same thing happens with your current version. Norton says setup.exe is safe, but as soon as I lauch MB, Norton eats it without giving me any option.

This IS with he current download 3.0.5582.4 and the previous one. SONAR considers the program high-risk.

I attached a WordPad copy of the Norton report/complaint. RTF format.

Any ideas appreciated, I can't use MB anymore...

MediaBrowser Norton Report.rtf

Edited by thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith

Except it had no issue until two days ago... I will look into Norton's site, but Ifigured I was not alone in this, if it hit me for no obvious reason, I expected a few other users at least to have the same problem. And as all of a sudden there is a new - what? vendor? sponsor? Carlyle Group? rep;acing the original vendor, it makes sense to go to the source...

thesoundsmith

Went to Norton and they took care of it, thanks.  And did not see the other topic till now, thanks.