MediaBrowser Classic Downloading Failing

bxsteez
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

bxsteez

Is this offline?  I get an error saying that it can not be started and to contact the application vendor. 

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [4/18/2015 12:08:17 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
* Transaction at [4/18/2015 12:08:17 PM]
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
- HRESULT: 0x0
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
- HRESULT: 0x0

Side Question:  The reason i had to redownload is because I could not change the Log In As information.  It was greyed out without any path to changing it.  Is this a bug or is there a new backdoor to change your login information?

Edited by bxsteez

bxsteez

Cannot Install Server or MBT/MBC

You have to be logged in as the configured user in order to change it.  Otherwise, your kids could keep changing it.

I only had two users and both has full control of the server.  I still couldn't change that Log In field. 

bxsteez

Cannot Install Server or MBT/MBC

You have to be logged in as the configured user in order to change it.  Otherwise, your kids could keep changing it.

To get it to work I had to go into AppData and delete all the files in the Configurations folder.  I'm betting this has to do with the fact that I rebuilt my server and all the user names are different.