Odd behavior in extra fanart/thumbs folders

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

I am running MBS Version 3.0.5582.4 on Windows 7.

I have started using MBS for downloading metadata images rather than the previous method where I used metabrowser. I have run into a strange situation in that if I delete a background image the extra fanart/thumbs folders do not seem to get fully updated:

• Extrafanart - files are deleted but remaining ones do not get renumbered.
  • Extrathumbs - files are not deleted.

If I then try to add a new background after deleting some backgrounds the file numbering gets very confusing.

The two screenshot composites below show MBS and the extra folders before and after deleting some background images.

553247be63ebc_MBS_start.jpg

Above is before deleting anything. Background images and contents of extra folders are in sync.

Below is after deleting some unwanted background images. fanart images are deleted but not renamed and thumbs images are not deleted.

553248690bf12_MBS_after_del.jpg

GhostRider

Hi,

Any thoughts on this? Is this a known bug? It is causing me much grief so would be good to know if this is a known bug or something wrong at my end,

you probably just want to turn off the feature to copy extrafanart into extrathumbs. then the duplication will not occur.

GhostRider

Hi,

Not sure I understand as there is no duplication. The issue is that if I use MB server metadata manager to delete some unwanted backgrounds that the Extrafanart and Extrathumbs folders are not updated correctly.

If I delete a background the fanart images are deleted but not renumbered and thumbs images are not deleted. If you then add a new background the numbering in fanart and thumbs folders get out of sync.

Is the best approach not to use XBMC format and go back to classic MB server format for managing the images?

No, the best approach is to do what I suggested. That will solve the second issue you're mentioning because there won't be two folders that have to be kept in sync.

The first issue about not renumbering after a delete, we have never done that. We certainly could, but the apps are able to handle a skipped number just fine.

GhostRider

I am thinking of switching to Kodi as a client, I thought that Kodi requires the extrathumbs folder for some skins to use. Would MB Server work OK with Kodi skins that use the thumbs picture if I disable this feature?