Stop/Skip Metadata Check on Specific Folder?

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

I have a media folder that is setup as "Unset (mixed content)" and I do not want Emby to do a Metadata scrape / crawl of this folder. I did a bit of a search around earlier and came across popping a ".ignore" file in the folder and I have done that (it is in the top level / root of the folder), but it would appear that as a side effect, when I use the Web Client and/or the Samsung TV App, this folder contains nothing; no audio files, no video files, nothing ... but I know the data is there!

Am I doing it wrong? Is there another way to achieve the same effect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dodgy Bob.

GhostRider

I think the metadata lock is what you need to use.

Try opening Metadata Manager, select the folder in question and scroll down to metadata setting and expand the tab, then either disable specific items or check the box "lock this item to prevent future changes" to disable all metadata items.

To see the folder contents again delete the .ignore file.

55324420104cb_lock.jpg

Edited by GhostRider
  • Like 2

Dodgy Bob

I think the metadata lock is what you need to use.

Try opening Metadata Manager, select the folder in question and scroll down to metadata setting and expand the tab, then either disable specific items or check the box "lock this item to prevent future changes" to disable all metadata items.

To see the folder contents again delete the .ignore file.

Indeed! Thanks for that tip GhostRider  :)  That was exactly what I was after - I had no idea.

I haven't really gone into the metadata manager and played around in there yet because I'm still finishing off building up my library, so that is good to know.

Thanks again,

Dodgy Bob.