Question about DVD folder rips on Roku

bnwbass

bnwbass

Hello,

I have two issues that hopefully some one can respond to: 

1. I have two HTPC machines both with high end CPUs and stacked with RAM.  One is i7 3.8 GHz and the other AMD 6800K Black 4.5 GHz.

When Playing Movies through the Roku Emby interface ver 2.01(latest) both of these machines task the CPU to 100% during play back of a movie file.  Since both machines behave in this way  can someone confirm that this is a normal condition.  I would not think so?

2.  Audio Transcoding seems to be a big issue as well and I have read other post but without resolution to the problem of HDMI pass through to the AV unit and decoding DTS-HD, DD 5.1 etc.

I have bump to 30mpps steaming, set the Roku 3 audio to audio HDMI and confirmed that my files are playing all audio formats using MB3 latest server using  MBT. My AV setup is not the issue.

My AV receiver info indicates that it's only getting PCM 2.0 data.

Please anyone?

Thx

Bnw

Ok this is a dvd folder rip. Our ability to stream those is considered experimental, therefore yes, it's expected behavior. The tools we rely on don't natively support them so it's difficult for us to improve them.

Now if you have a log and example regarding a plain video file, then we can take a look at that.

Note - this does not affect htpc clients that can handle dvd natively, this is strictly in reference to clients that stream and transcode.

bnwbass

All of my media ( movies) are .vob file structure rips and I have ~300 movies.  It sounds as if Roku may not be a playback option for me unless I convert all my files to MKV container.

Well that goes for any client that will stream through the server rather than accessing the folder structure directly.