Playback now shown in Dashboard

MSattler

MSattler

Using the last couple of version of EmbySync for Kodi, I'm not seeing active playback being shown in the Dashboard.  Is that expected?

• 2 weeks later...
MSattler

I'm pretty sure it's only with kodi remotely. Will have to confirm

It is only with Kodi, and it appears to be repeatable, I left Kodi on overnight, and went to use it this morning.  It plays back fine, but does not report playback.  So it appears to happen after Kodi has been idle for a certain about of time.

Angelblue05

It is only with Kodi, and it appears to be repeatable, I left Kodi on overnight, and went to use it this morning.  It plays back fine, but does not report playback.  So it appears to happen after Kodi has been idle for a certain about of time.

Ok thanks, do you happen to have the log from that time? We will try to fix it - at this point our main focus is getting the initial sync to work for everyone.

MSattler

Yes the Kodi log.

Bah, unit got rebooted and the old log is not uploading.  I'll try and recreate it and will get the log.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Bah, unit got rebooted and the old log is not uploading.  I'll try and recreate it and will get the log.

No rush

MSattler

No rush

So it may actually not be an Emby issue, I'm noticing that the Log uploader always errors out when it is in the condition where playback is not shown on the dashboard.  After a reboot you can upload the current log but not the old kodi log.  It seems to me whatever is causing the issue of not reporting playback to the server may be keeping Kodi from logging to it's log file as well.  

I've also noticed during this time it seems to be impossible to update the watched status.

I may try and update to a newer build of Kodi Isengard.

riffy

I get this all the time too... I watch one show fine, 2nd show usually stops showing on dashboard. Some times it doesn't show any shows after some times it does, other times it goes back & forth. This is Kodi & Emby server on the same computer. Kodi 15 alpha 2, Emby .33 & server 3.0.5597.1

Had the dashboard open on another computer screen & made a note of when it happened in this log, around line 1750 it stopped showing on the dashboard while playing the 2nd show. Went from playing The Middle to "Last seen 11 minutes ago" at 11 mins into the show. Server marked the show completely watched at that point too, no resume point. I'm pretty sure something was added to the server at the time it stopped.

The show stops at around line 1762 & I start a new show. The new show now shows in the dashboard but I don't think it always has. In the past, when it doesn't show up in the dashboard from the start, the show never gets marked watched after. I've had it do multiple shows back to back that never show & never get marked watched. Usually when I do a "Play all from here" I think.

3rd show showed in the dashboard the entire time & ran normally. Tried to close Kodi but it hung. 

Hope this helps. :-)

kodi.log

• Like 1

riffy

Easily reproducible. With some short cartoons played with "Play from here" you'll see the time gap in the log where it's playing but nothing is being logged anymore till the show ends around line 813. It even added a play count of 2, not just 1 to the nfo file that was zero, but 2. One when it disappears from the dashboard & a 2nd when it disappears again.

Nothing was added this time to the server. Exact same way, dashboard stops showing something being watched on 2nd show, & marking the show completely watched on server.

kodi.log

Edited by riffy
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Easily reproducible. With some short cartoons played with "Play from here" you'll see the time gap in the log where it's playing but nothing is being logged anymore till the show ends around line 813. It even added a play count of 2, not just 1 to the nfo file that was zero, but 2. One when it disappears from the dashboard & a 2nd when it disappears again.

Nothing was added this time to the server. Exact same way, dashboard stops showing something being watched on 2nd show, & marking the show completely watched on server.

Server 3.0.5597.1, One Kodi client did't show what is currently play on Server dashboard and the second client did not even registered on dashboard

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

As you will note, Kodi play movie did not displayed on server dashboard

My logs files is not uploading message exceeded alloted disk space what ever that mean, I will try dropbox when I get home, this could be a large file as it for both server and Kodi.

5543b1aca82c4_dashboard.png

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

phonk

Same problem here, no display what plays in Dashboard, furthermore I no more getting pushover notifications from Kodi if playback is started. which worked a few days ago fine.

Was there an buggy update ?

Greets.

e123enitan

I noticed same issue yesterday when I review the server whiles Kodi was playing, at first nothing was displayed but when I refreshed web it appears, however, In MD add-on it shows in dashboard immediately, could this be "bug which son of a glitch?" I hate this when it happen, hope the PM team will troubleshoot/resolve, I shall post log tonight.

marcelveldt

Make sure you're using the 0.1.1 version of the Emby addon in which all these issues are resolved.

I just double checked it and once I start playback in Kodi my Emby dashboard shows what I'm playing within a second.

phonk

Hi there,

0.1.1 works like a charm. I didn't read about the "reset kodi DB" - toDo. After that it works fine and is really fast in syncing on Rpi2 and FireTV Stick.

Notifications are now pushed out like before.

Do you think about to get TvTunes working ?