PIN request

PoBear

PoBear

Hi

I started my MBC as normal today, wouldn't connect to the server, I've had this before and it is usually because MBC is out of date so downloaded the current version and installed. Started MBC and I  am getting a request for PIN to be verified. My Server is not shared and I don't want it to be, cannot get past or around the PIN request.

Thanks

Make sure the server is running and not blocked by your firewall.  Can you connect to it with the web client on the same machine as MBC?

rchevere

Same here. Yesterday no problem. Today non of my 3 computers running WMC connect to my emby server.

PoBear

The server is running, I've checked physical network access to the machine and also logged into the Dashboard on it using the same user as MBC usually uses.

Okay, the problem is the server is broadcasting its local address as 127.0.0.1 which is the loopback address and would only work on the same machine.

Try re-starting the server and see if it discovers the proper IP address.

rchevere

Ok. I restart my MB server for a second time and everything start working again. I can't explain why because I restart the server when the last upgrade came this morning from Version 3.0.5582.1 to Version 3.0.5582.2.  :huh:  :unsure:

PoBear

That got it. Thank you

Any ideas what happened? The Server was definitely on the network when it started because I was remote controlling the box, via the network name, when it started.

Do you want the server logs?

bradwcampbell

I appear to be having the same symptom

Locally on the server , MC Classic is fine in Media Center

Remotley from another machine I get a pin request , This has been fine previously.   I can access server from remote machine via web browser

Attached is log of my server and the xml file of remote (MAC Address in LastServer is the correct for my server)

if anyone can tell me what i am missing..

Thanks

server-63564815308.log

MBCommonXml.config.txt

MBClassic-1642015fb8b7f52d2d44c4db65ee7ddefe790b6.log

Edited by bradwcampbell