Play to XBOX One gives me a "Internal Server Error"

Audio Lomb

Audio Lomb

I am trying to "Play To" my xbox via DLNA and getting the error in the subject.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Here's the log:

2015-04-15 18:23:16.0890 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5572.0
Command line: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<SendCommandAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<SetAvTransport>d__2e.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<SetPlaylistIndex>d__33.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<PlayItems>d__30.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<SendPlayCommand>d__1d.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-04-15 18:23:16.0890 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /Sessions/a4f7464978cdfd29279e05735789999f/Playing?ItemIds=f6e6d9b1e1782ba0d5c002dde1821855&PlayCommand=PlayNow
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5572.0
Command line: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

2015-04-15 18:23:16.0890 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 136.0073 ms.
2015-04-15 18:23:16.4450 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://10.10.0.101:52235/upnp/control/AVTransport1

Thank you!
Claudio

Please try this out on today's server release. I put in a number of Xbox One fixes and it's working very well for me.

Audio Lomb

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately, after the update, I am still getting the same error...

Thank you,

Claudio

Audio Lomb

Here it is:

2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Debug - Dlna: NOTIFY message received from 10.10.0.60:1931 on 0.0.0.0:1900. Headers: HOST=239.255.255.250:1900,EXT=,CACHE-CONTROL=max-age=1810,LOCATION=http://10.10.0.60:9500/DeviceDescription.xml,NT=urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1,NTS=ssdp:alive,SERVER=Windows NT/5.0, UPnP/1.0, Samsung UPnP SDK/1.0,USN=uuid:b37d0c40-1a70-1183-1000-12268258206d::urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1

2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Debug - Dlna: NOTIFY Device message received from 10.10.0.60:1931. Headers: HOST=239.255.255.250:1900,EXT=,CACHE-CONTROL=max-age=1810,LOCATION=http://10.10.0.60:9500/DeviceDescription.xml,NT=urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1,NTS=ssdp:alive,SERVER=Windows NT/5.0, UPnP/1.0, Samsung UPnP SDK/1.0,USN=uuid:b37d0c40-1a70-1183-1000-12268258206d::urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1
2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://10.10.0.60:9500/dmr/RenderingControl.xml
2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://10.10.0.60:9500/dmr/RenderingControl.xml
2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Error - App: Error getting response from http://10.10.0.60:9500/dmr/RenderingControl.xml
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5582.4
Command line: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Error - App: Error getting response from http://10.10.0.60:9500/dmr/RenderingControl.xml
*** Error Report ***
Command line: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
System.Net.WebException

2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Error - Dlna: Error creating PlayTo device.
*** Error Report ***
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<GetDataAsync>d__a.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<GetRenderingProtocolAsync>d__c5.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<CreateuPnpDeviceAsync>d__cc.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToManager.<_deviceDiscovery_DeviceDiscovered>d__5.MoveNext()

2015-04-17 18:02:36.5871 Error - Dlna: Error creating PlayTo device.
*** Error Report ***
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<GetDataAsync>d__a.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<GetRenderingProtocolAsync>d__c5.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<CreateuPnpDeviceAsync>d__cc.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToManager.<_deviceDiscovery_DeviceDiscovered>d__5.MoveNext()

Claudio

Are you sure this is your XBOX One?  The ip address is different from your first log (10.10.0.60 vs 10.10.0.101).

Can you post a full log.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Good stuff. I was thinking the same thing. The headers don't look like anything I've seen during my own Xbox One testing.

Also - if by chance you have created a custom dlna profile for xbox one, you will want to delete it and use the one provided by the server.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Audio Lomb

I am still (maybe) patiently waiting for the XBOX one app...

In the meanwhile, after a bunch of new Emby releases, the DLNA play to feature is still broken. I am not able to play anything on XBOX one at all.

I am using the default DLNA profile so nothing special going on there.

Am I the only one experiencing this????

Raff

Play To on my XB1 is the primary way I do media consumption. Minus some self-inflicted issues (the XB1 is on wireless so I have to watch what gets directly streamed) it works fine for video and music. So, at least for me, it works fine. I typically use the IE client on the XB1 to find whatever I want to play, and then use Play To, but using an alternate client works for me also.

I have a thread floating around here about my most recent upgrade breaking DNLA and while it doesn't have the same symptoms as you the fix may work for you. I ended up reinstalling the current version after completely scrubbing the old install. I suspect somewhere I set something or my metadata/config got goofy.