Emby for Kodi - Multiple episodes with 00

breezytm
Go to solution Solved by breezytm,

breezytm

Hey guys, 

I am not sure if this is a known issue. I went through most of the threads in this section of the forum to see if anyone else reported this but I didn't see anything. My issue is after the db sync i have multiple episodes with 00 a front of the episode name. Sometimes it's multiple copies of the same episode. Please see the quick vid if ya don't mind. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n295twanj78zdn4/2015-04-06%2000.36.57.mov?dl=0

Also can a manual sync button be added to update the library. Or automatically update the library after each MBS scan. Currently I only get library update on Kodi restart. 

Edited by breezytm

chrismb

I also saw the 00 a front of the episode name with version .17 last night.  I'm not at home but I can upload log files when I get home.  running on kodi 14.2 on windows 7 x64 both emby and kodi are on the same machine.  I haven't seen multiple copies of the same video since the .17 update saw that with the .15 version. 

breezytm

@@chrismb I don't think it's Kodi platform specific. I have the same issue on both Andriod and Windows 8. I checked my Windows Kodi this morning and saw there was an Emby add-on update. After the update I got more :) 

chrismb

@@breezytm don't know what I did to fix it but after 0.0.22 and setting my library to use unc path (ie network share and not local path C:\TV) I did not see anymore 00 episodes.  not sure if this was the fix but figured I would pass along the info. 

breezytm

@@chrismb thanks for sharing. The version I personally installed was 0.0.19. The next day the add-on was updated to 0.0.20 which seemed to have made things worst. I have not used it since. After two versions dev may have fixed the problem. I will check today to see if the issue went away. 

My config in MBS is using UNC. 

\\servername\share folder\

Did you have to re-sync or did it just fixed itself?

• Solution
breezytm

@@chrismb I meant to come back and update this post but totally slipped my mind. 

I didn't uninstall Kodi but I did delete all the necessary files in Kodi related to Emby (video addon and skin) and re-install them as well as a re-sync. I had already installed and configured a few addons in Kodi apart from Emby. I didn't feel like starting from scratch. 

This post can now be closed. Version 0.0.23 fixed the problem for me. 

• Like 1

olerocker

This actually happens to my setup but with the difference that I am using the old plugin.

When I watch an episode after that the episode loses its numbering scheme and gets put in a season unknown folder.

Checking the episode status on the web client I see a 00 numbering in front of the name.

One thing I should mention is that I watched an episode from the web client and that did not mix up the names and numbering of the episode.

breezytm

I think that's a bug the dev team definitely need to look into. I find it very odd though that a client can make changes to the server. Specially in my case where I purposely create an admin account for administrative tasks and regular user accounts for daily use with no privileges except playback.

olerocker

The thing is I think that if you look at the episodes information from the web browser ,for example the episode summary, it has disappeared.