Emby for Kodi - after watching no delete option.

SwanStream

SwanStream

When an episode was (in my case more than 90%) watched I'd get a dialog asking to delete or not upon stopping playback or EOF. I don't seem to be getting that anymore, though I can't say exactly when it stopped asking. Its possible its related to moving from a MB customized skin to a generic, but thought I'd mention it and ask if there's a way to get that feature back? I use it a lot!

xnappo

I assume you are talking about the old addon.  The new one doesn't have this feature at all, and I was considering adding it. ..

SwanStream

Yup, the old addon... though truthfully I didn't know if it was an add-on or native feature. That's now cleared up.

While I realize many use Emby/Kodi as a permanent collection and need no stinkin' delete, I use it as a library and living to-do list of viewing. After I DVR an episode it may be a while before I get around to watching it, once I have, in the bin it goes.... unless it's "special".

Tell ya what: you add it, I'll test the snot out of it!! :D

xnappo

I use it in the same way.  There is some amount of push to keep the new addon as native as possible,  but I think having this as an optional feature could work.  I will look into it. 

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
SwanStream

@@xnappo - Thanks man! Tested to snot out of it, as promised, no kleenex required!

Works brilliantly.

Cheers. :)

xnappo

Cool - the popup is a little slow - this will be fixed in the next release.  The refresh showing it is gone will remain though.  Takes about 15 seconds.

SwanStream

Yeah, noticed both, but... you know... beggers and whinning. This begger's NOT gonna do it!

I did have one odd behavior when manually deleting episodes that may be related so I'll bring it up here, if you want a new topic lmk.

- Seems if something is NOT flagged watched, it takes two attempts to delete. The first seems to mark it as watched, then I have to delete again for it to leave.

xnappo

Yeah, I think this will be fixed in the next version too.  Let me know if you still see it.

• 2 months later...
moryoav

Is this a feature that was released already? I can't seem to find an option to get a delete message in Kodi/Emby. This is really an important feature...

Thanks!

EDIT: nm. Just found it in the options, not sure how I missed it before. Thanks. 

Edited by moryoav
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Angelblue05

In the emby for kodi add-on settings > playback tab > offer delete after playback > tv show/movies. You can access the settings via Kodi settings > addons > enabled addons > video addons > emby.

Edited by Angelblue05

clefebvre81

Oh, my bad. So this is not an option for the Emby server, this is a Kodi plug in I take it.

Edited by clefebvre81
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Correct. It will offer to delete the content after fully watching it. This will delete the content from your emby server as well as the entry for it on Kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
clefebvre81

I finally got Kodi up and running and have the setting checked. I get the message after every episode and I select yes but it doesn't delete anything. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working anymore?

clefebvre81

The Kodi setting for prompt for delete. It asks me after the episode if I want to delete it from Emby but when I go to the folder the video still exists. I have to manually delete any files.

Angelblue05

As long as the add-on settings > Offer delete after playback / Movies or Episode is enabled and the user account being used also has access to deleting files, it should work.

Edit: I will test on my side, let you know.

Edited by Angelblue05