Have a problem with adding users

KarterJK

KarterJK

Here is the dilemma...

I would like to be able to add a generic user, for anyone to use let us say, as an example;

username: MyFriends

password: myfriends

that would point to a pre-specified server.

I would like them to use the client app.mediabrowser.tv, because it asks for them to type in a username and password and shows no other users.

But, here is the rub, as it sits

it next goes to the screen to ask for Select Server

if by chance they start screwing around with it, they can delete the server and it can't be brought back up

which, means I have to go through a whole new process of sending an invite, activating, blah, blah

So I would like a way that I could let people use my server with just a login name and password and the server would already be set, which they could not inadvertently delete.

Is there a way to do this already that i don't know about? or is it something that would have to be added

I wanted to do a write up in the tensforum (for Windows 10 users) about Emby.

I wanted to allow them to test drive a live demonstration as to why Windows media Center is still relevant for Windows 10, and with Emby how it can be accessed anywhere, specifically for LiveTV.  The old adage one picture is worth a thousand words.  

But, I have held off because of this one issue.

thank you

Edited by KarterJK

As it is today I don't believe you can't restrict a user from deleting your server via connect. Another option would be to give them the IP directly and set them up as a standard user without the ability to manage the server.