Real time monitoring, queued refreshed - Nothing happens

xelar

Hi Guys,

I have the feeling that the lates Emby Server just sits there and does nothing. Here is the log since the last restart this morning http://pastebin.com/br2VFbY1

Since then I added 2 movies - nothing happend (should have refreshed them automatically since I have real time monitoring enabled)... Then I hit library scan manually, it added the movies but nothing was written to the log. It downloaded only the primary image and nothing else... When I hit refresh in the metadata manager, it tells me that the action gets queued but nothing happens. Nothing gets written to the log either...

Any suggestions how to tackle that?

thefirstofthe300

What is the filesystem you are using?

It is possible that the filesystem isn't supported.

thefirstofthe300

The problem might be LVM not being supported. I am pretty darn sure that ext4 is supported as that is the most common file system in the entire Linux world. Mono not supporting such a filesystem's API would be silly, especially considering that btrfs is supported (albeit not very well).

I have just disabled real-time monitoring and do a library scan every thirty minutes or so. It isn't the fastest solution out there but it works all the time.

embyfan

xelar,

I sort of have the same problem, although I don't use LVM. Check out my latest post

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19670-instability-ever-since-emby/?p=194766

I think the problem lies somewhere when you do some image processing. The library scan will go fine, but when it tries and extract chapters and refresh the people somehow emby stalls/crashes. If you try and play it from a browser you might realize that the media won't be streamed, but will be run thru ffmpeg, or at least that is my issue. I think it has something to do with the implementation of ImageMagick