Emby Theater 3.0.5569.2448 Released

Luke

Before I announce on the blog, I figured I'd mention here so that we can get some testing done.

Highlights:

• Supports cloud synced content
  • Supports https (by manually entering address prefixed with https://)
  • Like 2

Emaster

Nice to see updates, thanks!

however I had issues with mkv's (blu-ray rips created with MakeMKV)

- doesn't resume previously stopped movies. Just removed the option to resume.
- some: "Unhandled Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Couldn't understand the pattern
- when the film is started, the timeline just have a few seconds (2 to 5 seconds)
- bad image quality (pixelated). I'm using madVR just as before
- litle jumps during playback
- In subtitles just appears "Subtitle Handler[eng] (tx3g)" as subtitles options, even with several subtitles. When I try to select this subtitle it stops the movie.

I couldn't test cloud sync and https support.

some attach log files. have several crash_*.txt but is always: 
A referência de objecto não foi definida como uma instância de um objecto.
System.NullReferenceException
   em MediaBrowser.Theater.Implementations.Playback.PlaybackProgressReporter.<TimerCallback>d__1c.MoveNext()
--- Fim do rastreio da pilha da localização anterior em que a excepção foi emitida ---
   em System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__5(Object state)
   em System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   em System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   em System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

"A referência de objecto não foi definida como uma instância de um objecto" == "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

theater-63563527517.txt

theater-63563527148.txt

theater-63563524831.txt

theater-63563523488.txt

elshagon

When I start MBT it asks for me to restart to update but never restarts.  When I eventually manually restart the program it updates again asking for a restart to complete the install.  Repeat each time but never installs

When I start MBT it asks for me to restart to update but never restarts.  When I eventually manually restart the program it updates again asking for a restart to complete the install.  Repeat each time but never installs

try rebooting your system

elshagon

Awesome update.  The remote shuffle of playlists is working again.  Happy parents and 3 year old as I can shuffle all his cartoons!

Any big plans for music in Theater?  When I think music player for Theater, I envision something very similar to WMC, where you select an artist, select either all albums, or one album, have a list of songs instead of big boxes with the songs name in it, and on the side of the list of songs a set of buttons indicating play all, select song, shuffle play, add to playlist, create a playlist, and so on. And have the playlist sync to the server so all devices have it.   

DingDong

The crash issue reported earlier seems to be resolved for bluray rips, however, it continues to crash with "Unhandled Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when attempting to play trailers using the current build.

• 3 weeks later...
julianb
Thanks Luke, hope there will be some bigger updates to MBT in the future, I really love MBT. :D

BTW, got an issue with MBT:

I have a collection called "demonstrations" and the normal "home videos" collection (both set to home videos within the server). I like to do it this way so I don't see my demonstration discs and home videos in my bluray library.

Before, MBT show these collections at the top navigation menu, but now it only shows  "Movies, TV, Trailers and Channels". Is there a way to fix this? Works fine within the web UI. Thanks

if you're on the latest version of the server and MBT, then the display should be consistent with the web client.