Android Client - Release Candidate

CBers

Redshirt

Nice.  I'll be sure to check it out once I get home.  

Have you thought about releasing the beta to the play store and just using the beta system built in to the store?  More info

That's my intention post-release. I don't want to manage a large beta group on the play store, but will assemble a small team of testers for inclusion there.

Congrats. Hopefully your Play Store submission review/approval is much quicker then the Roku's is. They are a little slow over there.

Cheesegeezer

Wahoooo!!! congratulations Red!!! Great news for the world of Android 

Redshirt

Here is the Release Candidate build.

Current Version: RC5

There will be no additional features until after the client is released to the play store. I want to focus on squashing any bugs and getting this software in the store pronto.

Those of you who have not had access to the developer forum should notice a fairly large improvement in the smoothness of scrolling on high-resolution devices among other fixes.

Version History

Release Candidate 5

• Fix: Missing & Unaired episodes not showing up. Setting no longer exists on the client. It's purely a server-side setting now.
  • Fix: App crash when shuffle / play-all used to play multiple videos
  • Fix: MusicVideos not being included in shuffle / play-all

Release Candidate 4

• Fix: Layout issues in Media Details view

Release Candidate 3

• Fix: Resume for Direct Streamed media
  • Fix: Theme song keeps playing when playing an episode to another client
  • Fix: Switch based settings resetting when a user scrolls the settings page up and down
  • Fix: "null" showing up for the episode number under certain circumstances
  • Enhancement: Change layout of "Next Up" tiles

Release Candidate 2

• Enhancement: Selecting Browse from the remote control popup no longer opens the remote control activity
  • Fix: self appearing in available remote control clients
  • Fix: missing Star Rating pushing the overview off-screen
  • Fix: filter/sort menu crash after rotating screen
  • Enhancement: Show series thumbs for episodes without an image

Release Candidate 1

• Initial release.
Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 11

gthrift

Nice.  I'll be sure to check it out once I get home.  

Have you thought about releasing the beta to the play store and just using the beta system built in to the store?  More info

Hey Red, Nice work, the RC is very good. I did find that the volume controls for the remote client don't work properly. The Mute works ok but the up & down controls do nothing.

Server:  3.0.5061.25570

MBC:  3.2.90.0 B11-3.1

ROC: 1.0.8.0

Phone: SG3

cheers

Edited by jordy

Red, great job on the RC. It is sooooo fast :)

Just one comment: when I press the play button for games, the client crashes. I'm not sure if there are plans to support games in android, but I guess for now it shouldn't have a play button at all.

Edited by Redshirt

Redshirt, nice work I love the speed this application is progressing, but It still seems to be placing large "white space" gaps between text when viewing tv-series at the detail level. This occurs when the episode does not have the "star" ratings associated with it. The addition of the scroll-bar does help out as at least now you can scroll up and read the synopsis of said episode

qAbI0l4l.jpg

The other issue is in regards to the "filter" menu when sliding left from the left-hand side to pull it's pane open. Sometimes, albeit randomly, as soon as it opens it causes a crash.

oIshee1l.png

Here's the log from these events. From install of new beta to crash you see above.

http://paste2.org/wgNMy9dE

Thanks again for the app, and the updates ^__~

Edited by speechles

Redshirt

Red, great job on the RC. It is sooooo fast :)

Just one comment: when I press the play button for games, the client crashes. I'm not sure if there are plans to support games in android, but I guess for now it shouldn't have a play button at all.

oops. Now I know how Luke kept editing posts by accident.

I've given the games page no attention. I definitely need to stop any play action from being visible.

Redshirt

Hey Red, Nice work, the RC is very good. I did find that the volume controls for the remote client don't work properly. The Mute works ok but the up & down controls do nothing.

Server:  3.0.5061.25570

MBC:  3.2.90.0 B11-3.1

ROC: 1.0.8.0

Phone: SG3

cheers

This doesn't appear to be an Android issue. Not all clients yet support all features. 

I've just tested this and I can see that MBC is receiving the command, just doesn't appear to be processing it. I'm waiting for conformation from ebr.

• Like 1

Redshirt

Redshirt, nice work I love the speed this application is progressing, but It still seems to be placing large "white space" gaps between text when viewing tv-series at the detail level. This occurs when the episode does not have the "star" ratings associated with it. The addition of the scroll-bar does help out as at least now you can scroll up and read the synopsis of said episode

qAbI0l4l.jpg

The other issue is in regards to the "filter" menu when sliding left from the left-hand side to pull it's pane open. Sometimes, albeit randomly, as soon as it opens it causes a crash.

oIshee1l.png

Here's the log from these events. From install of new beta to crash you see above.

http://paste2.org/wgNMy9dE

Thanks again for the app, and the updates ^__~

I believe I now have issue 1 sorted. We'll know for sure in RC2. 

I've been able to reproduce issue 2. It actually happens every time if you enter that view, then rotate the screen, then slide the menu out.

This doesn't appear to be an Android issue. Not all clients yet support all features. 

I've just tested this and I can see that MBC is receiving the command, just doesn't appear to be processing it. I'm waiting for conformation from ebr.

Thankyou :)

radeon

Wow, Nice work Red! I lost touch with the betas for a couple of months. I've just come back to it and Wow, just Wow! So smooth! I'm away this weekend and will be sure to use it to get to my media so ill give you some feedback after that. Great work!

DGMayor

Not sure if this was brought up in the beta thread, but I can't get any streaming audio podcasts to work.  Hitting play rotates the screen like it's going to play a video, complete with media icons for a video, but it just times out the client.

I believe I now have issue 1 sorted. We'll know for sure in RC2. 

I've been able to reproduce issue 2. It actually happens every time if you enter that view, then rotate the screen, then slide the menu out.

Nice. I wasn't able to faithfully reproduce it nice that you pinpointed it.

KitKat 4.4 OTA for Nexus 7 (2012/2013) just rolled out. With custom /system partition I'm not able to sideload flash this via adb/recovery. I prefer a full system restore image be available (just in case). Confirmed support for 4.4, with nexus 7's, when hitting Google Play will solidify a large audience/userbase.

/me patiently awaits an RC2 to play with....