App crashes to Windows Desktop on any menu selection

evantl1

evantl1

The App installs and seemingly runs ok, going through detected server selection, authentication, syncing, presenting the Home Screen menu and displaying the appropriate artwork and tiles but with no Options or Setup buttons.  However, clicking on anything immediately brings up the Windows desktop.  Upon switching back to the Metro interface, Media Browser comes back up with its splash screen, then the Server selection screen, but the detected servers (MediaBrowser and Mediacenter-PC  hostnames with both showing same URL), are missing.  I can enter either hostname and get back to the Home screen, but as soon as I select anything, I'm kicked back to the desktop.  Note that from this same laptop, the IE web interface to my MB server works fine.

7illusions

Do you think you can get me a crash-log?

(Start app -> Get to main menu -> Charms menu -> Settings --> View logs -> logs at the bottom of the list)

evantl1

Here it is:

Sequence: 113
Date/time: 2015-03-10T14:05:49.0941954+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: One or more errors occurred.
------------------------
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<GetResponse>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<SendAsync>d__f.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendAsync>d__55.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetItemAsync>d__73.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.MoviesService.<GetMovieDetails>d__44.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.DetailsPageViewModel.<OnNavigatedTo>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.240_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.240","InstallationId":"93ef8bd0-7db2-4d23-90a6-a0faaa64b007"}

jds828

I'm getting this too on an ASUS T100 tablet. 

EDIT:

I've tried lowering the stream rate and various other setting but no matter which kind of video (Sd/HD or Live TV) I try to play it crashes the app back to the desktop.

Logs from it

Sequence: 118
Date/time: 2015-03-11T17:16:57.4116397+00:00
------------------------
------------------------
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: 

One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) 

Bad Request.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, 

Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at 

MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b

__4()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task 

task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task 

task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.<SendAsync>d__f.MoveNext()

task)

task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<PostAsync>d__196`2.MoveNext()

task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Playback.PlaybackManager.<ReportPlaybackStart>d__1c.MoveNext()

task)
   at MediaBrowser.Service.PlaybackService.<Player_MediaOpened>d__5b.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
------------------------
Session: 

{"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.240_neut

ral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-

37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0

.240","InstallationId":"f1068fdb-db0a-45a7-a764-5205c6e12247"}
Edited by jds828

jds828

Version 3.0.5547.39295

I'm sure I had to up to Beta or Dev as Live TV (Mediaportal) is broken in the stable. Just tried the Stable and TV broken again. I'm in no great rush if it will be looked into as TV is 90% of my usage of MB

Thanks

EDIT:

Version 3.0.5518.7

App works from tablet. A second or 2 of a green screen then the video played ok. Now I'm confused... The TV also worked from the tablet app but will not work via a browser.

Edited by jds828

evantl1

Server reports Version 3.0.5518.7.  I can't find anything that says whether it's Beta or Stable.  I did try messing with sharing and rights on the Mediabrowser program folder with no success. 

Gina66

I'm also having the same issue, but I'm on the official build (as of the latest one). It was working fine before, but I did reformat my pc over the weekend. I've finally managed to put everything to rights (though I had to create a new server), but every time I click on anything, whether a movie or an option (like movies or TV), it immediately crashes to the desktop (at the OP posted) and when I load it again, it only shows my previous server, not the new one.

Not sure if the OP has this issue elsewhere, but I don't. I can easily watch everything from my PC (where the server is attached)(did have an issue with Amazon, but that seems to have straightened itself out) with no issues (in fact, I'm watching it now). It's only on the Windows 8.1 app. My logs are different - they mostly say "Log - FATAL-RtLogger - 2013017 0310140-xxx.log" or "Log-FATAL-Application-20150315 171008-19.log" or "Log-ERROR-RtLogger-20150315 170921-96.log"

Would also like to mention that selecting anything other than view logs in settings, also crashes to the desktop. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with the same results. I had originally thought this was related to my reformat, but it sounds like it's not?

Gina66

To add to the above, I don't know if anyone has this issue, but I noticed that now some of my shows aren't showing up. I had this issue much earlier when I first started using this, but now it seems to have spread to two different shows. Everything is name correctly (I haven't changed anything) and they were showing correctly before my reformat and working, but now they just say "season 1" in WMC; with Cowboy BeBop, season 1 has somehow been split into specials, which it never was before and SeaLab 2021 only says Season 1-3, but nothing is in there. Cowboy BeBop was a direct download, while Sealab was from disc. Again, both were working perfectly fine.

Along with that, one of my movies also mysterious disappeared. Luckily, my roommate had the same movie, but I probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't trying to add it. Does anyone else have this too?

dcutler

I'm having the same issue on a Surface Pro 3. Any Main Menu selection crashes the app. Here is the log file.

Sequence: 141
Date/time: 2015-03-23T04:43:33.0369452+00:00
------------------------
------------------------
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.PortableHttpWebRequestFactory.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetResponseAsync>b__4()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetItemsAsync>d__99.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.MoviesService.<GetTopBoxSets>d__4d.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.MoviesHubViewModel.<OnNavigatedTo>d__0.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.1.0.240_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.1.0.240","InstallationId":"df22cec2-2423-4c3a-9648-c0bca9430bed"}

• 2 weeks later...
Gina66

Any solution to this? I'm also having issues with the Android app and trying to sign in to the webpage remotely. At this point, the only place I can login is on my desktop, with local access.

This also goes back to my whole log in issue that has been a problem since I started with MediaBrowser/Emby. I've been looking for just a simple way of discovering what my username and password are, especially in the case when I need to reformat (which will be the case again when I update to Windows 10 during the summer). I've tried the logins that I know and I still can't log in to anything mobile and I have no idea what said log in information is.

COuld this be added to the profiles at least? Like under users? That way if I need to know it, I can just look there and write it down or something.

KarterJK

Which server-version are you guys on, stable, beta or dev?

I am using the current Version 3.0.5569.0 and having same problem (stable and beta report same build)

I previously had Beta build v3.0.5557.40000 and experienced the same issues there.

my issue is everything will show except when clicking on channels, it begins to load and exits app.

all was fine prior to the latest updates, everything else seems to work with out a flaw

Edited by KarterJK

7illusions

Are you using the latest app version that was released today, v3.2.0.*?

KarterJK

Are you using the latest app version that was released today, v3.2.0.*?

Umm, interesting...

I uninstalled and re-installed and I do now have 3.2.0.281 installed, and it is working. 

It must have been another other version I had installed.   Not sure which it was, I thought I had updated all my apps.

Sorry (My Bad), it is working now, thank you.

It is such a great app

however,

For our area (Comcast) our channels are 1-200 SDTV, 500-600 other or spanish listings, 700-900 HDTV 950+ music

the problem is alphabetical listings don't display in any numerical order, so unless you know the exact channel call letters it is very, very difficult to use

example we may have FX, FXX, FXHD, FXDEP, blah, blah, and the channels are all over the place

I know what channels i watch 755, 744, etc but rarely know the call letters

so,still wished the Channels listing either had a view by numeric channel listing or a guide would be totally excelltent (and it would be perfect)

Not complaining just wishful daydreaming :)

Again thank you

Edited by KarterJK

evantl1

Uninstalled; re-installed new version (app had already updated itself)...no luck.  App still crashes to the desktop upon any menu choice.

7illusions

Ok. Can you get me a new crashlog?

Also, please make sure that the server is running the latest stable version.

Thanks

Gina66

The updated version on Win8 seems to be working, but only at home. I haven't tried it outside of my home network, but again, when trying to log in, I either get a 404 error (from the configure page) or login failure if on the new emby web access site.

evantl1

Media Browser Server status is "up to date" on version 3.0.5569.0.

MediaBrowser App version is 3.2.0.281

Sequence: 129
Date/time: 2015-04-03T04:49:38.2895608+00:00
------------------------
------------------------
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<SendAsync>d__52.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.<GetItemAsync>d__70.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Service.MoviesService.<GetMovieDetails>d__58.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.ViewModels.DetailsPageViewModel.<OnNavigatedTo>d__0.MoveNext()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.2.0.281_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"3.2.0.281","InstallationId":"1ebd002c-a3c6-4ad2-8d41-63a4793fc336"}

evantl1

My server just updated to 3.0.5572.0.  Unfortunately, it didn't fix the crash problem with the Windows 8.1 app.  The Android app works fine;  IE Browser direct connect to the server IP also works fine.

• 1 month later...
Gina66

I'm experiencing this issue again. My desktop's hard drive failed the other day, so I'm having to rebuild the server on another hard drive. I installed Windows 10 tech preview and the app was working fine; as of today, it's crashing to the desktop again. I switched to theater and that seems to be working just fine and as mentioned, my desktop is now okay, thanks to the backup files.

As far as I know, I have the latest version of the Win app, but I will verify to make sure. I think last time it worked because I did an update.

• 3 weeks later...
jfarre20

This just started happening today for me. If I tap anything on the app, it crashes to the metro start menu.

I am using the official version of media-browser server, just updated it yesterday. 

7illusions

Can you post the app-logs? (Charms-menu -> Settings -> View logs)

maybe clear the logs first and then reproduce the issue.