Theater keeps on crashing

drashna

drashna

Every once in a while, the Theater app crashes.

Specifically, the message on screen is  "Unhandled exception: one or more errors occurred".

The logs don't really seem specific, in regards to what is happening (as far as I can tell)

I'm using Media Browser 3.0.5518.7 and Media Browser Theater 3.0.5531.26414

crash_e35312b6-19cd-4ec6-a3d3-0b12fe81d2f2.txt

theater-63561413257.txt

Edited by drashna

jbuggydroid

i kept having this issue. i ended up uninstalling theater complety. i checked mark remove all traces. i didnt' do that the first time i uninstalled and theater would work after installing so check the box that says remove all traces. then i reinstalled and it is working again.

drashna

Tried reinstalling and it didn't help at all.

And it appears that this is SPECIFICALLY happening when the "picture" screen saver in the Theater App starts showing up (it wasn't doing this before, just started)

drashna

Well, "disabling" the screen saver in MediaBrowser Theater fixes the issue.

However, if I enable logo or picture, it will immediately start up again, as soon as the screen saver pops up

drashna

You are very welcome.

I do tech support, so I know how important reliably reproducing issues can be, as well as detailed information about what led up to the issue.

If you need any more info from me, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
drashna

Sorry, I am having the same issue as the OP and was wondering if they had had any luck. I will provide more detailed info if the problem persists. 

Both the server and the home  theater app have been updated since, and that specific issue seems to have been resolved.

However, now, I'm just seeing the "an error has occurred" in the UI repeatedly.

• 2 weeks later...
JediRob

Here is the error I am getting and how I am getting it.

I launch Media Browser Server. After about a minute this window pops up. If I click ok, it crashes the server.

I have attempted a clean install.

Screenshots and logs attached.

5531ca854c2c1_Error_Shot.jpg

server-63564907545.txt.zip

Here is the error I am getting and how I am getting it.

I launch Media Browser Server. After about a minute this window pops up. If I click ok, it crashes the server.

I have attempted a clean install.

Screenshots and logs attached.

5531ca854c2c1_Error_Shot.jpg

There's an error in the MBPlus plugin. If you want to remove the plugin temporarily that will resolve this issue. I'm sure @@ebr will put up a new version as soon as he sees this. Thanks.

There's an error in the MBPlus plugin. If you want to remove the plugin temporarily that will resolve this issue. I'm sure @@ebr will put up a new version as soon as he sees this. Thanks.

I think the issue is more basic than that.  There a ton of errors like this from every process trying to access the file system:

App: Error resolving path \\192.168.1.23\LaCie\SD Movies